Chapter Twenty

Songs for this Chapter:

Kiss Me- Ed Sheeran

Shirtsleeves- Ed Sheeran

This Love- Taylor Swift

Spaces- One Direction

Stockholm Syndrome- One Direction

Harry's P.O.V.

It's been five days since I last spoke to Valerie. Five days in which I chose to completely ignore her, but she was making it rather difficult.

On Monday evening she asked me to help her out with her computer, which I honestly didn't mind doing- but this wasn't what was supposed to happen.

I am supposed to be avoiding her , but then her moron of a fiance decided to text her and of course when I saw his name on the screen, my blood began to boil.

It wasn't any of my business, but for some unknown reason, I felt like it was.

I knew I couldn't tell her what I knew, I couldn't put anymore doubt in her mind.

She was marrying him, so she must know what she's doing.

After that night, I didn't speak to her at all. But she never failed to make her way back into my head, driving me absolutely insane. I tried so hard to ignore the way my heart would beat a little bit faster when I saw her in the passage, or when she would be exiting her car out in the parking lot, or even when I heard her voice from across the hall - but I couldn't I couldn't ignore it no matter how hard I tried to. God, I was going crazy.

And so, the weeks passed,my mind never ceasing to think about her.

I was a lost boy with no idea of where the heck I was going. I was so free, yet so undeniably trapped in this constant state of confusion.

Two weeks have passed since that day. They day we almost kissed.

I'm writing an exam tomorrow morning, so Louis, Liam, me and a few other guys were studying at the library.It was around 11 p.m. when Liam finally called it a night, saying we should all probably get some sleep .

"See ya tomorrow bro!" Louis yelled, whilst exiting the apartment parking lot.

I still haven't gotten a car yet, but I haven't really gotten the time, energy or funds to even think about that right now. Louis doesn't mind picking me up anyway.

I'm entering the building, when I see Valerie walking behind me, struggling to carry all the gift bags that lay in her hands. She eventually drops one, and I, of course, pick it up. I mean she literally just saw me notice her, it would be incredibly rude not to help her, right?

I help her carry the bags inside and it takes everything in me not to stare at her in awe. She's clearly coming from somewhere . Her hair lays in loose curls and she's wearing a pretty mink lace dress that reaches her knees. God, she is beautiful.

She heads towards the elevator and I look at her in confusion.