Chapter Two

[Valerie's P.O.V]

Time : the cessation known as one of  the imperfections to man. 

It'd seem to fly by, an entire week flashing through my eyes. Almost at a blinding speed , perhaps.

It's presently Monday morning, my first day of work at NYFA. New York Financial Associations. The new CA, to be specific.

I walked into the huge buzz of a building, crowded with people wearing a formal attire. 

The place was boring. Black and White being the only existent colors in the chattering place. 

I walked a little further down the wide passageway to reach  a huge beach-wood desk, a few woman seated in office-chairs clicking and typing excessively on their computers. 

I smiled and caught one of the women's attention.

"You must be Ms.Stewart!" She bolted, standing from her chair.

"That's me" I replied, returning her warm smile. 

"Oh! Right this way! Let me show you to your office!" She guided me through the building to reach a few closed doors. 

She went straight down the hall , stopping at the last door on the left.

"This is your office. I'm Cassandra. If you'd like to inquire about anything, you know where to find me." 

"Thank you so much. Oh! May i know where's Mr.Lancewood's office is?" I asked, keeping the information for future reference.

"Second door on the right." She replied.

She left the room, gently closing the door on her departure. 

So this is my life now, huh?

I stared at the paperwork already on my desk, and read through them .

All of them jumbling with numbers making my mind twist.

Time, the well known enemy, seemed to drag, each second on the clock ticking away.

At last, the clock struck four pm.

I stood up from my desk, grabbing my black bag filled with paperwork.

My door opened, revealing a tall middle-aged man.

"Ms.Stewart! I'm Mr.Lancewood" He said, entering the room completely, and extending his hand for a handshake. 

"Nice to meet you sir" I shook his hand.

"I've heard lots about you! All good things. I hope you enjoy your stay at NYFA. We're all a family here. If you need anything just let me know"

"Thank you. Of course." Our conversation was cut short, and I left the building, jumping into my car .

I drove to the apartment. My home now.

I walked up the stairs, each step letting out my exhaustion.

My black heels clicked against the tiles and i turned the key , entering my apartment.

I took off my shoes, and headed straight for the couch.

Switching on the TV, I was glad to hear the theme song of my favorite TV Show.

"No one told you life was gonna be this way..." The TV blared.

I couldn't help the smile that creeped its way onto my lips.

I watched intently.

'Friends' was always my favorite show. Until....until the incident happened.