Chapter Eight

I suck in a sharp breath.

I am beyond confused, but I'm suddenly scared. Every single wrong-doing that has ever occurred to my stupidity flashes through my aching mind.

"Open up!"

The voice, of a man, says.

I move cautiously towards the door, opening the door carefully.

"Um...yes?" I speak lowly.

"Is there a Harry Styles here?" The man says, looking up from some sort of clipboard.

"No, he lives there..." I point to the door across the hall.

"Oh. Well, sorry to bother you Miss." He says, and I sigh in relief, only for my anxiety to return once I process the fact that he asked for Harry. 

They turn their backs towards me, moving towards Harry's door.

"he's not here." I speak boldly.

The two men turn back to me, and I struggle to keep my breaths steady.

"Um..I saw him go out this morning" I shrug.

They nod.

I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. 

The officers speak in the hall for a minute or two, but nothing of which I am capable of comprehending.

I'm about to turn and close my door, when I hear the tap of boots.

I whirl around, to find Harry walking towards his apartment, phone in hand, and a smirk on his face.

He looks up from his phone momentarily, briefly looking back down at his phone, and back up at the police officers.

His eyes grow wild .

"Is there anything wrong officers?" He asks kindly.

"Are you Harry Styles?" The officer speaks.

He nods cautiously.

The next few minutes could have me feeling I was dreaming.

The officer takes out a pair of handcuffs from his back pocket, and moves closer towards Harry.

Harry jerks back.

"Harry Styles, you are under arrest for malicious vandalism and tresspassing on the residence of Amy Ray on the twenty second of July twenty fourteen. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do can and will be used in the court of law." The officer speaks continuously, over Harry's protests. "You will undergo major scrutiny and will me charged with an amercement of one thousand dollars." 

Almost as if it is all a blur, the officers yank Harry's arm, while he dissents their sayings.

They leave, me just standing in the hallway.

God knows why I am helping this man, but I grab my purse,despite the feeling I have that this is a bad idea.

~

"You didn't need to pay to get me out of that fucking cell!" He yells, and I am taken aback.

"Well,what was I supposed to do?" I look back at him,anger coursing through my veins.

"Nothing! I didn't ask you to do anything! Goddamn, just leave me alone!" He yells, walking off in another direction.

"You don't have a car to get back!" I yell after him, knowing that it would add more fuel to the fire, but I say it anyway. It's the least he deserves . I can't understand why someone would be so rude,stubborn,ungrateful, mean, irratable-