New Divide: 61

Being shut away in the cockpit both Hank and Charles sat in silence before knocking happened at the door. Charles inclined his head and remained silent. He really didn't wish to speak to anyone right now.

Hearing a groan the door opened regardless and in stepped Margo, still holding her head. “I hate to interrupt quiet time, but is there a first aid kit around? I think I’m bleeding.”

Hank merely glanced to the side as Charles seemed to suddenly remember what had actually happened. He swiftly turned and looked to her. She smiled sheepishly, still with a hand to her forehead just above her eye. Sure enough even from underneath her hand there was a small trickle of blood making its way down her face.

“Yes? No? Maybe? Can I borrow some of your whiskey and improvise?” She added in sarcastically while narrowing her eyes. Holding up a hand she faltered slightly. “Hm, not feeling too good here, just where is it so I can sort this cut out.”

There was barely enough room in the cockpit for Charles to stand from his seat and move to the small cupboard which was near the door. Margo leant against the small wall opposite swaying slightly. Clearly whatever hit her had hit her harder than first thought.

“Go sit, Margo, please.” Charles said while placing a hand on her shoulder, she painfully nodded and turned away.

Hank looked up at him. “That has got to be a first.” He stated with wide eyes. Never before had he ever seen Margo comply with Charles so easily. There was always an answer back, or an action, or just plain ignoring.

“Better not get used to it, Hank.”

“Out of the two of us, I feel like I should be saying that to you.” Hank smirked. “Don't get used to her actually listening. I’m sure once she's feeling better, and doesn't have a throbbing headache, that she'll be back to her usual self.”

“That's so reassuring, Hank, honestly that is.” Charles smiled thinly while pulling a small case out from the cupboard. Turning it over in his hands he unclipped it to see what was actually inside. There were enough things in there to clean her wound and possibly cover it. Looking to the closed door he sighed.

Reaching out and opening it up, he kept it open and walked past Erik and Logan. Margo it seemed had taken to sitting in the back part of the plane. Used mostly for storage, there were still some seats back here though.

“Am I allowed to see to your injuries this time?” Charles asked while sitting down in front of her.

Margo looked to him dully. “We had only just met, I was not going to let you play doctor.” She said swiftly though she winced halfway through her sentence.

“Yet you came back to the apartment.” Charles easily quipped back while placing the case to one side and rummaging in it. There was silence for a few moments, he looked up to Margo, she sat with a thoughtful expression on her face.

“If I remember rightly,” she started. “I didn't have much choice.”

“Well you were the one who jumped from a roof and then into the road.”

“I didn’t jump.” Margo paused. “I ungracefully fell.”

“Like there is much of a difference?”

“Falling isn't jumping, Charles. It's totally not the same thing.” Margo smiled and winced slightly when her hand was moved from her head.

“It's not as bad as you think.” He said while unfolding a piece of what seemed to be simple cloth until it was placed against her skin. Margo hissed and pulled away, or at least tried to if it weren't for Charles lightly holding onto her shoulder.