New Divide: 18

"May I ask you something?"

"Certainly."

"Did you cross paths with Erik?" Margo asked while tilting her head curiously to the side. Charles looked at her then back to the path ahead of them. It had been raining earlier which meant puddles sat in their way. Though it didn't seem like Margo had wholly caught on to the action of stepping aside from them. She seemed childishly amused by the splashing droplets and ripples. "Just, I saw him earlier and he seemed to be leaving. Did he leave?"

"He did. Briefly, but he returned."

"That's good." Margo smiled and crossed her arms loosely. Charles looked at her curiously. "Going alone never seems to work well. We've all found each other, surely it'd be good for us to stay together?"

"Wise words," he smiled and gave a nod.

"There is some wisdom in me somewhere." She laughed and stepped through another puddle. "Are we to stay here long?"

"You don't like it?"

"If I am to be honest; no. Inside it's to...to..."

"Clinical." He finished for her. It was the word which was on the forefront of her mind yet she didn't want to voice it. She nodded slowly.

Scrunching her nose up she smiled suddenly. "I saw this from upstairs!" She exclaimed and darted forwards. There was a large field. Only part of it was really visible though because of the lighting. But that didn't seem to dissuade her. Though she did let out a surprised noise when her shoes squelched against mud.

"Perhaps you should wait until tomorrow? At least by then the grass would have dried."

Margo looked over her shoulder. Charles seemed to have no thoughts or interest in stepping onto the muddy wet grass. Turning she shuffled forwards. "They're going to be very thankful of you, Margo." He couldn't help but sigh and shake his head before laughing. Her shoes were caked in grassy wet mud, along with some of her trousers.

She looked rather innocently down at herself before shrugging slowly. "Sorry."

"By all means," he held a hand up and smiled. "Apologise to me all you want. But it's them in there you should be apologising to."

"Sorry!" She looked up at the nearest street lamp with its CCTV camera and exclaimed up at it.

This just caused Charles to laugh and shake his head again. "Come on," putting a hand on her shoulder he nudged her gently to walk again.

"What do we actually do here?"

"Within reason anything. I think we may be restricted from certain areas, and I don't think we're allowed to leave without clearance. But," Charles paused, Margo was just looking rather lost. She didn't understand the need to be denied from particular rooms or getting permission to leave the site. "We're not being heavily guarded or watched, so I think we're allowed to just go about our business."

Margo rolled her eyes up at him. "What exactly is 'our business'?"

"You're being very curious this evening, Margo." Charles smiled and crossed his arms.

"Sorry," she mumbled and shook her head before looking up sharply. It had started to rain. What started off as a gentle drizzle soon turned into a downpour. She may have grasped onto the knack of creating a shield, but others weren't so lucky. Taking a step to the side she looked around simply and smiled when Charles just looked at her a little bemused. He had unfortunately found himself drenched, but to go from drenched to standing in the dry caused him to look confused.

He looked up, it was like the rain was hitting against a pane of glass. The droplets would impact against something which couldn't be seen with the eye and then slide down leaving slight tracks behind them.

Reaching out he gently tapped against the thing which was keeping them dry. Looking back to Margo he smiled. "This is your doing?"

"Well...yes, unless anyone else is around which can do this." She said while pointing up. The last thing she expected was a rather astonished laugh and a hand to pat her on the shoulder.

"This is great! When did you discover this?"

"The day you graduated."

"Ah, the training you admitted to." Charles gave a nod and patted her on the shoulder one last time. "Can you walk?" He asked. Margo seemed to not have moved at all since sheltering them both from the rain.

"I've never tried." Which was true. The last time she did this she was stationary.

"Shall we try?" He smiled and went to take a step forwards.

"Hm, we may want to prepare to run then."

"You won't fail," Charles said surely while moving slowly away from her shoulder. Margo jumped and stepped in line beside him. There were a few drops which fell through until she got the hang of walking and focusing at the same time. By the time they got back to the entrance they were still rather dry. Though out of the two of them Charles was the one a little worse off from the earlier downpour.

Flicking the few droplets from themselves they looked around the quiet dark foyer. "It's a very big place. You'd think there'd be more people still walking about." Margo said thoughtfully while exclaiming and holding her hands up. Charles had slowly shook his head, the heavy rain from earlier had drenched his hair and the droplets flicked off of the brown strands and flown in her direction.

Whatever droplets landed against her hands she ended flicking back at him. "Have those back," she mumbled yet took a step back and away when he had ran a hand through his hair and purposely sent more water her way.

"Stop it!" She laughed and went running off, the grassy mud from earlier left her footprints trailing along the clean tiled floor.

Sitting down on the stairs she took to undoing her laces. Looking sidewards she watched Charles sit down and lean back against the stair behind him.

"Charles?"

"Yes?" He looked up at the ceiling and then at her.

"Thank you."

He raised an eyebrow and sat forwards leaning against his knees. "For?"

Margo smiled and picked up her shoes. "Oh come on, like you don't know." She stood and turned to look up at the stairs then back at him. Charles slowly stood too.

"You're welcome." She narrowed her eyes slowly. "Apologies for snooping." He smiled.

Margo rolled her eyes. "It's fine. It's not like there's anything interesting in there." She shrugged and started to walk up the stairs, she looked to him as he followed suit. She nudged her shoulder against his. "But really though, thank you for everything."

"You're yet again welcome." He smiled which resulted in her smiling again and giving a small nod.

"How protective are you of Raven?" Margo piped up suddenly.

"Why?"

"She may be encountering that stage where the male gender becomes of interest." Margo crossed her arms and laughed at the expression which suddenly found itself on his face.

"Friends."

"Ah, yes, they're just friends." Margo said while laughing when he shot her a look. She couldn't help it. It was quite funny to tease and joke at his expense, though that was cruel, it was still funny. She had seen Hank and Raven earlier on, they seemed to be getting along quite well, which is why she bought this subject up...only she ended up being a little more joky than she first intended.