New Divide

(A/N: Ugh, thanks, Days of Future Past...Ok no, this isn't jumping straight into that, not yet – if at all I’m not sure yet – just, let me get passed First Class first, yes? Thanks xD)

----

Surrey, the sleepy rolling green hills of the county were accompanied by long running and slightly winding rivers. Though away from the countryside, there sat bustling communities. People idly walked the streets, going about their regular business, for the most part completely ignorant to the large manor house which sat on the outskirts.

West Park Hospital sat situated around hills and large open fields. It was far enough from citizens of Surrey that if anything was to happen, no one would be affected. Yet it wasn't too far away that it was hard to drive into the streets and get supplies which were needed to keep such a large establishment running.

Daytime gave West Park more credit than it perhaps was worth. On the outside it looked idyllic. Those who were admitted – some people pondered – must have had the best care. It was immaculate. The windows spotless, the panes glistening in the warm early summer sun. Thick red curtains hang loosely tied back on the inside. The building itself was made out of red brickwork, strong and sturdy and looked like it'd be standing for many years to come. The entrance to the building was a large set of dark painted double doors. Very few people had seen any of the patients roaming the grounds, and even fewer people had spied any members of staff flitting past the windows. It seemed that it had fully secluded itself, and cut off from the rest of the world for the sake of caring for the patients within.

When in truth, it wasn't quite like that. Dim bulbs flickered and blinked, opening her eyes slowly Margo watched it. Frowning she tilted her head to the side, her eyes immediately came to rest on the thick white painted door of her room. She had her own room, because she was 'special'. The mere thought of being labelled special caused the bulb to finally stop flickering, with one last scratching sound it went out for good and cast her room into darkness.

Pushing herself slowly up on the simple – and uncomfortable – bed which occupied her room, she looked towards the window. If she stood on her bed and tiptoed she could just about peer through the bars and look out. Right now night time had settled. She could hear the walking of booted feet in the corridors and when the hatch on her door got pulled down with an ear aching screech, she turned and looked over her shoulder.

The night time staff weren't a pleasant lot. Not that anyone seemed at all pleasant, that's what Margo had picked up. She turned on her bed and looked towards the hatch. The beady eyes which peered in at her narrowed and disappeared. The hatch got slammed shut.

Looking up, Margo looked to the light and frowned, with a struggled sigh and a slight inclination of her head, it flickered back on. Turning a light on and off was the only entertainment she had. Some patients here had visitors, that was their entertainment, they were even allowed to socialise. She was not. She was kept in a room with thick walls which were painted an off white colour. Apparently white was too harsh. A slightly sun bleached cream paint was apparently much more relaxing. Not that it relaxed her.

Rolling her eyes the hatch got opened again she walked forwards. “Take them, no trouble this time.” Margo's eyes looked down at the small clear cup which held different coloured tablets in them. She flicked her eyes up to look at the doctor. Putting her hands on the door she shook her head, this caused the doctor to sigh. It was night time medication, it was meant to help her sleep, ease her mind, and then some. But she had found it was no different than the medicine she had in the day time. It clouded her mind, made her lazy, groggy, unable to focus. But then the doctors of this place had quickly realized, if her mind wasn't focussed like it was right now, then nothing would go wrong. Indeed, they intended to keep her as doped up for as long as possible.