New Divide: 35

“I don't want to hurt you, Erik. I never did. I want to help you. This is our time. We are the future of the human race. You and me, son. This world could be ours.” Sebastian leant close to whisper this to Erik, he let out a struggled breath from the weight of the beam and looked to the ground below them.

“Everything you did, made me stronger. Made me the weapon I am today. It's the truth. I’ve known it all along. You are my creator.” Erik said his voice slightly shaking. His words seemed to amuse Sebastian as a smile suddenly appeared on his face. Erik was rather sure if he could see what was happening behind him, he wouldn't be smiling. Because of all the scattered debris, Erik had managed to manipulate a piece of cable to move from its position on the floor. It lifted upwards and aimed itself at Sebastian's head. In a blink of an eye, the cable struck and plucked the silver tinted helmet off of his head.

“Now, Charles!” Erik shouted. Lowering the beam which was pressed against him, Erik stepped forwards and looked to the frozen man in front of him. Sebastian stood arm outstretched for his helmet. Walking around to stand in front of him, Erik looked at him simply. Tilting his head to the side he made the cable move and for the helmet to fall into his hands.

“Sorry, Charles.” Erik said quietly while turning the helmet in his hands.

Erik, please! Be the better man! You have it...”

“It's not that I don't trust you.” Erik said blankly while reaching up slowly to place the helmet on his head.

Erik, there will be no turning back!” Charles went to say more only to get blocked out by the helmet which Erik now wore.

“If you're still in there, I’d like you to know that I agree with every word you said. We are the future.” Erik paused to step away from Sebastian and look to the ground. “But unfortunately, you killed my mother.” He said while pacing away only to turn back and look to the frozen form. Reaching into his pocket, Erik held up the coin which Sebastian had given him as a young boy. “This is what we're going to do.” He paused. “I'm going to count to three, and I’m going to move the coin.” He let the coin go. It floated in the air and slowly moved forwards. “One,” he paused and watched as it neared Sebastian's head. “Two,” he paused again. “Three,” he said just as the coin sliced through Sebastian's forehead and slowly made its way through to the other side. Covered in blood and other tissue, the coin fell to the ground and clinked quietly in the silent space.

Back at the jet Charles and Moira ran out of the remains and looked to the form which were levitating in the air. A little way in front of them were the rest of their group, and across from them stood Sebastian's followers.

“Today our fighting stops!” Erik exclaimed as he made the deceased form of Sebastian float a little more in the air before rather simply dropping it. It fell to the sandy ground with a thud. He fell right near his group of three followers, they all stared down at him. Making himself glide down from the submarine, Erik landed quietly on the ground. “Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there. I feel their guns moving in the water. Their metal, targeting us. Americans, Soviets, humans. United in their fear of the unknown. The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants!” Erik said while briefly pointing to the sea which was surrounding them and to the ships which were still situated on its surface. Erik moved slowly forwards as he spoke, he looked from the people he had grown to know, to those he didn't, eventually he glanced to Charles as he started walking forwards to meet him. “Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I’m wrong.” He looked to the side as Charles walked by his side but with a substantial gap between them. Charles looked from Erik to the ships before them. Placing two fingers against his temple, he squinted against the sun only to let out a low sigh. He lowered his arm and looked to Moira with a strained expression. She turned and ran back to the radio. Charles had spied the movements of the battleship guns, all aiming in their direction.

There was a heavy silence before the erupting sounds of missile launches echoed. One after another each ship fired their missiles. Streams of fire trailed after them as they rocketed through the air and made their way in the islands direction. Sailing up into the air the missiles all descended and split through the air in a steadfast direction. Just as they neared and were close enough to pick up the smallest details of them, they were stopped. Abruptly the missiles hung in the air, Erik had lifted up his arm and gestured a hand to them. It was an effort, but he managed to stop the missiles from hitting their target. From suddenly being stopped in the air, each missile spluttered and shuddered. The trails of smoke and fire which was propelling them forwards suddenly stopped and dissipated in the air.

“Erik, you said it yourself, we're the better men.” Charles said while looking to the male beside him. Erik was slowly turning his hand in the air which was making the missiles all slowly turn in place and alter their flight track. “This is the time to prove it. There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders.” Charles said seriously while quickly glancing at the missiles which were still suspended in the air.

“I've been at the mercy of men just following orders.” Erik said quietly, he looked slowly to Charles and frowned. “Never again.” He waved his hand in the air and the missiles slowly started to move through the air, slowly though as they went on they picked up speed.

“Erik, release them!” Charles exclaimed as the missiles were now just rocketing blurs in the distant sky. Seeing as how Erik had no intention of doing so Charles charged forwards and vaulted into him. He tackled Erik to the side which meant that his attention was no longer on the missiles. No longer having a source driving them forwards, they hurtled into each other exploding and causing sparks to fly and debris to rain down in the ocean below.

----

(A/N: Aha, finally, inspiration and motivation returns! I find myself on my laptop updating. Thank you heat wave for buggering off and allowing my brain to function again! xD Ok, updated before work so I've not checked for errors or what not, if there are any, let me know and I'll try and sort them out after work/tomorrow! Thanks!)