New Divide: 23

“This is yours?” It was a simple question which Sean asked. Yet he couldn't help but sound confused and slightly astonished. They were all standing in front of a grand albeit huge estate building.

“No. It's ours.” Charles corrected while putting his hands in his coat pockets and looking up at his old family home.

“Honestly, Charles, I don't know how you survived. Living in such hardship.” Erik said sarcastically while his eyes looked over all the windows which were glistening in the bright sunlight of the day.

“Well, it was a hardship softened by me.” Raven smiled and moved from the back of the group and stood in between them both. “Come on, time for the tour.” She turned and grasped onto Margo's hand and pulled her forwards. She already knew of Margo's interest in exploring. Back at the CIA base she's seen her several times pottering around, opening doors, looking through windows. If that building interested her, then this one surely would too.

----

“You sure?”

“I'm sure.”

“Got it.” Charles sighed and lifted the gun in his hand and pointed it at Erik. He went to put his finger on the trigger only to frown and lower his arm. “No! No, I can't! I’m sorry. I can't shoot anybody at point blank, let alone my friend.”

“Oh come on!” Erik said while reaching out and grasping onto his arm and lifting the gun back up. “You know I can deflect it!” Erik said while pushing the gun against his forehead again. “You're always telling me I should push myself.” He reasoned simply.

“If you know you can deflect it, then you're not challenging yourself!” Charles exclaimed while lowering his arm again and giving Erik the gun back. “Whatever happened to the man who's...who's trying to raise a submarine?”

“Well, I can't! Something that big, I...I need the situation, the anger.” Erik said while waving a hand at him.

Charles didn't look bought on his words. “No, the anger is not enough.”

“Well, it's gotten the job done all this time.” Erik replied simply.

“It's nearly gotten you killed all this time.” Charles corrected while looking around. “Come on,” tapping Erik on the arm he moved forwards and move away from the path they were standing on. Erik just turned and and watched where he was running off to. “Let's try something a little more challenging.” Erik was silent as he followed him while putting the safety back onto the gun.

Charles had moved on to hunt out Alex, he was slowly making his way around everyone to see what their basic skills were like. “My grandfather took the threat of nuclear war quite seriously. That's why he had this bunker made down here.” Charles explained while the lights flicked on and illuminated the large space. Behind him Alex followed while carrying a mannequin with him. “I thought we could use it as a practice range.” He said while watching as Alex placed the mannequin down.

“You think I’m going to blow up the walls?”

Charles laughed quietly and shook his head. “He had this place to withstand a nuclear bomb. I think this place can deal with you.” Once the mannequin was in place the two turned and started to walk away.

“You know, when I do this bad things tend to happen.” Alex confessed.

“That's because you can't control it. It controls you. That's why we're here, Alex. That's why we're training.” Charles answered simply while glancing to the boy by his side. He didn't look wholly confident with what he just got told, but he wasn't going to question it.

Being back outside, Charles and Moira both stood with heavy duty builders headphones on. They were wearing them mainly because beside them Sean stood. He simply crossed his arms and sent a hight pitched wave towards the glass which was a little way in front of them on the lawn.

It shattered in seconds, much to Charles's amusement, he laughed and removed the headphones and put a hand on Sean's shoulder. “What you're doing is incredible. You're hitting a pitch with sound waves at the same resolute frequency as the glass. That's why it shattered. But this...” He pointed to his larynx. “Is like any other muscle in the body. You can control it.” Sean looked up from the ground and to him.

----

(A/N: A lil bit short in comparison, sorry! I had to quickly upload what I had wrote so far cos my internet is getting cut for some maintanence thing...)