New Divide: 16

“Welcome to my facility. My mission has been to investigate the application of paranormal powers in military defence.” Their host said rather proudly while crossing his arms over his black suit. He looked from the small group beside him back to the large clear windowed building in front of them.

“Or offence,” Erik said while casting a quick glance at Charles, he merely gave a nod before looking to the black suited male beside him.

“This guy, Shaw-Schmidt, whatever you want to call him. He's working with the Russians. We might need your help to stop him.”

“Marvellous. So are we to be the CIA's new mutant division, yes?” Charles asked while squinting against the bright sunlight of the day.

“Something like that.” Was the simple response which he received.

Staring up at a grey coloured model plane, the group looked onwards to where a voice suddenly appeared from. “It's super sonic,” there was a pause. “The most advanced plane ever built. You should see it in real life. It's incredible.” The young man who was speaking went from looking to the model plane, to the small group in front of him then back to the plane again. He stuck his hand in his tanned coloured trouser pockets, while the white lab coat hung loosely behind him.

“Hank, these are the special new recruits I was telling you about.” A hand was gestured to them. “This is Hank McCoy, one of our most talented young researchers.” The introduction got sent in Hank's direction.

“How wonderful! Another mutant already here.” Charles was more the pleased to step forwards and shake hands eagerly with Hank, Hank on the other hand looked a little more reserved on the matter. “Why didn't you say?” Charles looked back over his shoulder at the black suited man.

“Say what?” He seemed generally very confused while putting his hands in his trouser pockets and looking at Charles and Hank with an expression which equalled his tone.

“Because you don't know,” Charles slowly looked rather awkward as he turned back to look at Hank. “I am so, so terribly sorry.” He apologised while Hank just gave the smallest of smiles and shake of his head.

“Hank?” His name was said with confusion still. While the man slowly walked forwards to stand beside Charles.

“You didn't ask, so I didn't tell.” Hank replied while shiftily looking to the desks beside him to the men in front of him and then down at the floor. It seemed to be much easier to look anywhere but at them.

“So your mutation is what? You're super smart?” Raven moved away from Margo's side and slowly stepped forwards.

Hank just blinked slowly and looked at her as she stopped in between the other two males. “I'll say. Hank here graduated Harvard at the age of fifteen.” Charles explained idly.

“I wished that's all it was.” Hank said quietly sounding somewhat embarrassed or ashamed, or a mixture of both.

“You're among friends now, Hank. You can show off.” Charles smiled and looked up at the younger man in front of him.

Seeing as how everyone was not going to drop this, Hank silently slipped off his shoes. After that he carefully balanced on one leg and reached down to pull off his socks. He did this with both feet and then wriggled his toes. If anything seeing his bestial feet seemed to amuse Charles somewhat, as he let out a rather intrigued chuckle. Hank looked to Raven, and Raven simply smiled widely, behind her Margo and Erik stood at the metal barrier leaning and looking on. They exchanged a quick look though before looking back to Hank as he shuffled off to the side and everyone seemed to step back. With speedy efficiency Hank flipped backwards and gripped onto the model plane.

“Ta-da,” Hank said from his upside down position as the plane and himself rocked loosely.

----

One word: exploring. Peeking around corners, Margo grinned and leant back against the wall. Looking back around she still smiled. The long stretching corridor was empty, the last person who was wandering around just walked into a room and shut the door quietly behind them.

Moving away from her standing position she clicked her neck and stepped forwards. One step turned into two, and then soon turned into full on running. Standing sidewards she giggled as she went skidding down the corridor. She had to give credit to whoever cleaned the floors because they made them the perfect surface to slide down. Sure, she had help by propelling herself along, she held out her hands to the side and urged herself onwards.

“Watch it!” She shouted and held up one hand as the other wavered by her side, she could feel herself go from speeding up to faltering. The figure ahead of her got promptly – and rather harshly – pushed to the side. Her momentum came to a stop though thanks to a wall which she near on smacked against. Groaning and pulling away she rubbed her forehead, looking to the side she narrowed her eyes. “Sorry.”

“It's fine,” was the simple response which Erik gave before moving past her. Though he did give her a strange look as he passed her by.

Turning and skidding after him, Margo looked him up and down. He tightly held a leather case in his hands, he had his coat on. “You're leaving.”

“Brilliant observation.”

“Why?” She asked while crossing her arms and taking to walking normally. It was too much to concentrate on a steady flow of power, and talking at the same time. Erik just gave her a look, “Fine. I won't ask anymore questions.” She said while looking up at the sparse corridor they were walking down.

“When someone says that they tend to also go.” Erik said while stopping and looking at her.

Margo made a thoughtful popping noise while looking up at him and stopping too. “I am curious. I just want to see where and what you're up to.”

“Are you usually like this with people? Because if so, I think we may all have to be on guard.” Erik picked up walking again, he was trying to find one room in amongst loads. That was a hard task as it was, let alone with the sudden company.

“I don't know, I’ve not had contact with people really.” Margo said honestly. Erik turned and looked at her. She wasn't following him anymore so she was still halfway down the corridor with her arms crossed. “Whatever it is you are searching for, I hope you find it, Erik.” Giving a smile she turned and waved over her shoulder. “Sorry for following you.” With that said she took off running down the corridor again, Erik watched her disappear before turning back around and continuing on his way.