New Divide: 55

“There's no Professor here.” Hank said while pushing back against the door.

There was a smirk from the man on the other side as he kept pushing against the door too. “You're pretty strong for a scrawny kid. Are you sure there's not a little Beast in there? Come on, Beast.”

“He's not here.” Hank said while briefly looking to the side as Margo too joined in with pushing against the door, not that it seemed to have much affect.

“Come on, Beastie.” Was the continuing smug words from outside as the door edged inwards ever so slightly.

“No.” Hank said firmly while both he and Margo faltered backwards when the door got pushed inwards. Both exchanged a look as their sudden visitor openly walked in and started looking around at the dishevelled manor.

“Hey! I said the school's closed, you need to leave.” Hank said while quickly walking after him.

“Seriously this is trespassing, you realize this right? We could call the police.” Margo said trying to have the upper hand only to get a look sent her way. She let out a short sigh and crossed her arms firmly as she walked beside Hank.

“Not until I see the Professor. And no, you won't.” Was the firm response which got accompanied by a slightly narrow eyed look when Hank reached out and grabbed his shoulder to turn him around.

“There's no Professor here, I told you that!” Hank said exasperated.

“Look, kid, you and I are gonna be good friends one day.” The man said with a sigh and a shrug. Margo stepped away with her hands to her mouth as Hank was rather quickly punched in the face. She knelt down by his side and narrowed her eyes upwards. “You just don't know it yet.” Both watched as the man went charging up the stairs in his search.

Margo placed a hand on his shoulder only to step back as his complexion slowly started to turn blue. She continued to back off and gestured a hand to the stairs where their mysterious visitor had previously ran up.

When it came to guard duty Hank seemed the more apt for it really. Margo winced when she heard exclaiming from upstairs. She had merely taken to leaning against the table which was in the foyer. With a low whistle her eyes watched as the man was rather easily flung to the side and landed with a heavy thud against the stairs opposite to the ones which Hank was bounding down.

With wide eyes and shuffled steps she moved away when Hank flung the man in the tables direction. With a sigh she reached down and placed a finger against his shoulder as Hank decided to leap up and latch onto the chandelier above.

“Hank, Margo, what's going on here?” The rather simple tone and shuffled steps which belonged to Charles caused both of them to look rather innocently – or as innocently as possible – up towards him.

“Professor?”

“Please don't call me that.” Charles said while looking down at the three of them.

“You know this guy?” Hank looked towards Charles while pointing down to the man.

“Yeah, he looks slightly familiar. Get off the bloody chandelier, Hank!” Charles said while moving his dressing gown out of the way as he started to walk down the stairs.

Both Hank and Margo stepped away as the man climbed off of the table. “You can walk?”

“You're a perceptive one.” Charles replied sarcastically while sitting down on the stairs slowly.

“But I thought Erik...”

“Which makes it slightly perplexing that you managed to miss our sign on the way in.” Charles looked at him while leaning back on the stair behind him. “This is private property my friend, I’m going to have to ask him to ask you to leave.” Charles glanced to Hank and even gestured a glass his way while flicking his eyes back to the confused looking man.

“Well, I’m afraid I can't do that because uh...because I was sent here for you.”

“Well, tell whoever it was that sent you that I’m busy.” Charles replied while leaning his arms against his knees.

“That's going to be a little tricky because the person who sent me was you.” The awkward tone which was used wasn't missed, nor was the words in general.

“What?” Charles spoke Hank's and Margo's thoughts easily with one look that they had all in turn shared.

“About fifty years from now.”

“Fifty years from now, like in the future fifty years from now?” Charles asked in a slightly confused tone yet smirked over what he was saying.

“Yeah.”

“I sent you from the future?” Charles asked still smirking over this, Hank let out a low sigh and Margo stood looking rather confused with a hand to her chin in thought. At least one of them was trying to take the moment seriously. But it wasn't working because she rolled her eyes.

“Yeah.”

“Piss off,” Charles mumbled while fidgeting on the stairs.

“If you had your powers you'd know I was telling the truth.” The man said while slowly walking away and around the table.

“How do you know I don't have my...who are you?” Charles started to ask rather flippantly yet turned seriously as he looked to their sudden visitor.

“I told you.”

“Are you CIA?”

“No.”

“You've been watching me?” The thought of anyone watching himself or the manor caused Charles to narrow his eyes.

“I know you, Charles. We've been friends for years. I know your powers came when you were nine. I know you thought you were going crazy when it all started, all the voices in your head. And it wasn't until you were twelve that you realized all the voices were in everyone else's head. Do you want me to go on?”

Charles looked confused and shocked over what he had just heard with a slight shake of the head he looked to him. “I never told anyone that.” He had briefly explained to Margo once, a long time ago, what his powers were like. But never anything this specific.

“Not yet, no, but you will.”

“Alright, you've piqued my interest. What do you want?”

“We have to stop Raven,” it wasn't hard to suddenly miss the hurt look which flitted across Charles's face as he shifted forwards on the stairs. “I need your help. We need your help.”

Standing up slowly Charles walked down the rest of the stairs. “I think I’d like to wake up now.” He passed Hank and Margo and continued on his way into the next room.

“What does she have to do with this?” Hank asked while slowly returning to his human form.

“Is she in trouble?” Margo asked worriedly. Sure, they had not been in contact for ages, but she still thought very fondly of Raven. She was after all, one of her first friends.