New Divide: 25

“I've been thinking. Wings aid to Sean's flight, but I think you need something else. Like a bird, or a plane you need to be streamlined.” Charles said from in the corridor.

“I'm not coming out.” Margo's voice firmly said from the shut off room.

“Oh come on, I’m sure it's not that bad.” Charles said while putting a hand to his chin in thought. He looked to Hank who was by his side. He had had the task of designing and making things for everyone else. It really was only a matter of time before Margo got given something.

“I used the specifics I was given.” Hank said innocently.

“Specifics?!” Margo exclaimed which caused both of them to wince. “What specifics? Wait! No, I don't wish to know...” Trailing off there was a sigh and then silence. “You're not going to push me off of the satellite dish too are you?”

“That was Erik, and I still don't wholly condone what he did.” Charles said as reassuringly as possible.

“Though it did have results.” Hank reasoned only to get a look sent his way by Charles.

The door handle turned and the two males leant away from the wall of the large corridor and stepped forwards. Margo looked out at them unamused. She looked very unamused. Standing in a dark blue suit with strips of black here and there which were clearly where the material was used up, she put her hands on her hips. This suit was literally as tight as it could get, and it wasn't particularly comfortable.

“Well,” Charles said slowly, like any other male he couldn't help but slightly look her form up and down. “You're definitely-”

“Don't!” She shouted and stormed out of the room. Her boots stomped against the wooden flooring. “You say I’m streamlined now and I will punch you,” she said while shooting a glare over her shoulder. Reaching over her shoulders she took to plaiting her hair up while the two males walked quickly to fall into step beside her. “So, Hank, the specifics, I take it back...what were they?” She looked up at the younger male while tying a bunchy around the end of her hair.

“Oh,” pushing his glasses up his nose, Hank paused for a moment as they exited the building. “Light weight, see the suit is designed to act as a second skin,” he said a little awkwardly, which caused Margo to frown, as if this couldn't get any worse. “It won't weigh you down. Yet it won't add to your ability at all.”

“So it's designed to make flight in general easier?” Margo looked up at him.

“Exactly.”

“May I put in a request?”

“I suppose...” Hank said suspiciously.

“Try and find a way of adding protection to it. I’ve never landed successfully.” She paused and rolled a hand. “Not that I’ve ever flown successfully either.”

“But that's because you were going about it all wrong.” Charles popped up again and pointed a finger at her. “See what results you had last time? You got the grasp of it, yet I believe the saying 'so close yet so far' could be used here.” He paused and gave a nod as they ran down the stairs and ended up back on the vast lawn in front of the house. “That and, well, with this on there won't be any case of drag.” He said as simply as he could.

“Right,” Margo said while clapping her hands together and looking to the sky. Sean learnt to fly, so she was going to as well. Clearly some people just struggled more with things than others.

“Think happy thoughts!” A voice called from behind. The three of them turned and looked to the window. Alex had decided to watch in.

“I'm not Peter Pan!” Margo shouted at him irritably.

“Not dressed like that you're not.” Alex said while leaning against the windowsill.

Margo frowned and narrowed her eyes. She didn't wish to be subjected to Alex's teasing, it was bad enough he picked on Hank, was he making his way around the group or something?

“Margo, concentrate please.” Charles said while trying to pull her attention away from glaring at the blonde at the window. He hung his head though when the window Alex was peering out of got promptly slammed shut and the curtains were pulled tightly across. One window wasn't enough, Margo had slammed and closed each window and made the curtains swish across.

Even still Alex still exclaimed something from within the house which caused her to hunch her shoulders. Her mood was going from bad to worse. “Think happy thoughts!” Was the last thing which Alex called out.

“Alex you're not helping! Please, Margo if you would-” Charles said truly despairing over this. He reached out to put a hand on her shoulder to urge her forwards and away from the house, only he ended up being sent flying. Skidding along the gravel path he came to a stop with Hank suddenly by his side.

Turning sharply Margo looked at him with wide eyes. Putting her hands on her head she took a step back. Being helped to stand, Charles smiled. “I'm all right,” he said though he did wince when he went to take a step forwards. By now there were calls from the house, Erik and Moira came running over to see what was happening. All they'd spied from the door way was Charles hurtling backwards and Hank running after him.

“Margo, it's all right,” Charles said while waving Erik's hand away. She was frightened. Rightfully so, the last time she had apparently accidentally hurt someone she ended up being institutionalised. “No, no!” He called when she took a step back and turned running as fast as she could she managed to propel herself upwards. Like a bird taking flight, she glided up into the air.

“We have to stop her,” Moira said. She dreaded to think where Margo could fly to.

“No,” Charles rubbed the back of his head tentatively, he could already tell he'd have a bump and a headache later on. Moira looked to him like he'd just spoken another language. “She won't leave, or at least she won't go far. Trust me,” he smiled at her, “She will come back.”

“But how do you know that? She looked like she was all ready to leave completely to me.” Moira looked back to the distant black shape which was Margo.

Charles sighed and turned to enter the house again. “Because I know her.” He reasoned while slowly walking up the stairs. His earlier words were mainly referring to her leaving to go to the roof back in Oxford. Out of everywhere she could have gone, she opted up there. She'd come back. Allow her time to calm down, she'd come back.

Erik and Hank looked at each other before turning and running after Charles, Moira sighed and seemingly begrudgingly walked after the three too. She clearly disagreed and thought Margo should be bought back.