New Divide: 14

The plane journey over to America went shockingly fine. Margo was convinced that something was going to go wrong. Being put in a small space, when feeling frightened, wasn't a wise idea. She remembered being put in isolation back in West Parks, the light bulbs smashed, the door got buckled in and the small window which was high up on the wall got pushed out. Small places, feeling scared and her were not a good mixture.

But it was over with, she suffered an “I told you so,” from Charles and a reassuring hug from Raven, but it was over with. And now she was some place new. Some place interesting. So far she could already tell America was vastly different than England. Or at least, to her it seemed different. She hoped she'd get to see more of this country than the one she was born in.

It was these sorts of thoughts which flitted around her mind as she sat next to Raven in some conference room. She'd never been in a conference room, and this turned to thoughts of how pointless they seemed to be. Why did there need to be a specific room for a meeting? She didn't get it. The chairs were high backed black leather, and actually after the plane seats, these were a great luxury. There was a large dark wooden table in front of her with other people sitting around it.

These people tried their hardest it seemed to listen to Charles as he gave a presentation, but they just looked at him like he was mad. Or at least speaking another language. Maybe it was just a set mind of everyone in the CIA – whatever that was, Margo didn't wholly know – to look so sceptical and serious.

There was a pause in the presentation which she guessed she was meant to be listening to, but found that her thoughts were just running wild about actually being in a new place. It was exciting now that it actually sunk in.

You're thinking too loudly.” Margo winced and sent a rather apologetic look up at Charles as he continued to speak. She didn't mean to be accidentally distracting, it just sort of happened.

“The advent of the nuclear age, may have accelerated the mutation process. Those with extraordinary abilities may already be amongst us. Thank you very much.” Charles explained and moved over to a seat opposite to Raven and slowly sat down.

Moira looked guardedly down to the other end of the table where three stern faced men sat. Clearly they were her higher ups, her bosses as it were. “MacTaggert you really believe some crack pot scientist is going to make me believe in sparkly dames and vanishing men?” A man with glasses pushed up his nose asked comically while lounging back in the chair. Moira just fidgeted in her chair as she was addressed and some what spoken down to. “You just bought yourself a one way ticket back to the typing pool.” The man said while looking at the file in front of him and then to Charles. “This meeting is over.” He said decisively while shutting the file and going to stand.

“Please sit down Agent MacTaggert,” Charles said while crossing his hands and stopping both the man and Moira from standing and leaving. “I didn't expect you to believe me. Given to all you think about during my presentation, what sort of pie they're serving...it's apple pecan,” Charles sighed heavily and looked rather indifferent, and looked back to the CIA Director in front of him. “I haven't been entirely honest with you, love. I’m sorry.” Charles said while looking to Moira, she looked confused to say the least. “You see, one of the many spectacular things about what my mutation allows me to do, is that I can read your mind.” Charles explained firmly while looking back to the men at the other end of the table.

CIA Director McCone just looked at him simply, whereas William Stryker Sr. looked amused while leaning over to the man by his side. “I've seen this before at a magic show.” He said with a tone which matched his amused expression. “Are you going to ask us to think of a number between one and ten now?”

Charles smiled and chuckled quietly. “No, Agent Stryker. Although I could ask you about your son, William, who you were thinking about. Which is very nice, but I think I’d rather ask you about the Jupiter Missiles America is currently placing in Turkey.” He said while trailing off and looking to McCone again.

“He's a goddamn spy!” The Director exclaimed in anger while looking sharply to Moira and pointing a finger in Charles' direction. “You bought a goddamn spy into this facility!” He exclaimed again while reaching out for the phone in front of him. From his lone voice exclaiming, everyone else had joined in too. Raised voices and fingers being pointed, and amongst it all Raven shot up from her chair and transformed into William Stryker Sr. She, or at least; he stood smiling lightly.

There was silence in the room then, each person around the table – of course minus Charles and Margo – looked shocked. Eyebrows raised and wide eyed, none more so than the original William Stryker Sr.

“How's that for a magic trick?” Charles asked while Raven shifted to her natural blue form and he looked to the men across the table from him.

Right at the back of a room, a man sat and simply replied: “The best I’ve ever seen.”

“I want them out of here. And locked down until I can figure out what to do.” McCone said seriously while looking away from Charles and Raven and looking back to the two Agents beside Margo. The simple words 'locked down' were enough for Margo to shoot up from her seat and stand beside Raven, she in turn looked to her friend and frowned lightly. Locked down was the same as locked up, right?

The man at the back of the room piped up again. “My facility is off site. I’ll take them.” He said while everyone turned to look at him, he just nodded and smiled lightly.