New Divide: 05

When morning came, Charles walked around the apartment trying to be quiet. Raven was still asleep, and Margo was curled up on the sofa still fast asleep. Unlike the two of them, he had somewhere to be. University did take up quite a good chunk of his life. Shortly followed by trying to socialise with the people in his class and around campus, then shortly followed by trying to keep an eye on Raven. Only now she wasn't the only one of their kind who hadn't got a full grasp of their powers.

Pulling on his coat he glanced over at Margo as she mumbled in her sleep. She couldn't go out, not until she had a rough grasp on what she was capable of doing. From what he saw from her mind last night, she had only just tapped the tip of the iceberg. She seemed to be able to do things - especially when she was younger - that should have taken her years to do. Rather she fully registered it or not, but she tried to slow the car down that took her brother's life. Fully stopping a careering out of control vehicle would be hard for anyone. Let alone a ten year old.

Giving a firm nod he decided then that when he returned later, they'd get a jump start on control. Until then, he meant it, she couldn't go out. Though free from the hospital, being cooped up in this apartment may just prove to be another imprisonment scenario to her.

Opening and closing the front door he walked down the corridor and away from his home. Little did he know that within his home, Raven had peeked around her door and slowly crept down the corridor. On the sofa, Margo cracked open an eye and looked to her.

Smiling, Raven crossed her arms over her white robe, shaking her head she managed to get her blonde locks over her shoulder. As such she hadn't let Margo see the real her. And she wasn't exactly going to until she knew her a little better. Margo sat up and rubbed her eyes on the jumper sleeves she was still wearing. Letting out a small yawn, she looked to her.

"So," Raven said while rocking on her heels. "You up for a little shopping trip?" She smiled and tilted her head to the side curiously.

"I have no money." Margo turned and flung her legs over the sofa.

Raven looked around and held up a hand she darted off and reappeared a few moments later. In her hands she held a small cluster of pound notes. "Now we do." The smile from earlier on reappeared and grew as Margo slowly smiled too.

Nodding quickly she shot up. "Yes! I am taking you up on your offer!" This seemed to cause Raven to smile even more if that was even possible. Without Charles, she had no one else to spend time with. Let alone girl time. Shopping trips seemed to be the idea of hell for Charles.

"Good," Raven nodded and then looked her over. "You're going to need to borrow some clothes though." She said while pointing to her. She was grateful that Charles hadn't leant out clothes without her permission. But even still, his clothes hung off of Margo's smaller frame.

"Oh," Margo seemed to only just realize what Raven was on about. She pulled at the jumper and nodded slowly. "All right," she looked up to see Raven nodding thoughtfully.

----

"Here, here!" Enthusiastic was putting it lightly. This was fun. Raven quickly placed a rather ridiculously floppy hat with a wide brim in Margo's hands. "Go on," she waved her hands at her. Margo looked it over before placing it over her plaited hair and pouting and posing. Raven laughed and nodded quickly. "Get it, even for humour's sake, get it!"

"No," Margo said seriously while putting it back in its place. "I have to buy sensible stuff." Raven let out a bored groan at this. "And then whatever is left over, we can spend on silly things. Like that hat." Margo smiled and held out her hand. "Deal?"

"Deal."

"Come on then, help me out here. I've been out of fashion for some time." She admitted. She had spent most of her current past in white hospital clothes.

Raven looked around the clothes shop they were in, tapping her on the shoulder Raven led her over to a line of jumpers, then onwards to some skirts, and finally dresses. The shoes was what took the longest. Between them they must have tried on several pairs. With huge deliberation they decided it wouldn't be wise to return back with loads of shoes. Raven was already mentally preparing for the lecture they'd receive from Charles.

Sitting outside in the sun, the two of them watched as people passed them by, not paying them any attention. They had done their shopping, they had successfully found clothes for Margo to wear, along with some shoes and other essentials. By now it was near lunch time, they were sitting outside a little café just sitting, doing nothing, enjoying the peace. Though the streets were bustling with people.

Looking to the side Margo reached out for the small pot which housed the sugar. When it slid along the table to her hand she winced and looked around. No one had noticed.

Twirling the straw which was within her drink, Raven gave a nod. "Pass it over."

Margo looked at her oddly. She didn't need sugar with her drink. Yet glancing from the blonde to the sugar and then back again, she leant against her hand and tried to do so. With juddering actions it managed to get to the other side. Raven smiled and twirled the pot in her hands.

"Can you move things which are bigger than this? And books?" She asked curiously.

"What do you need moving?"

"Well," Raven leant back in her chair. "Carrying all these bags back..." Raven trailed off and glanced at the bags at their feet. She smiled and looked to Margo who grinned and shook her head.

"I got told not to try and levitate in public. Trying to do the same with our bags I imagine is a massive no no too."

"You got the same lecture too, hm?" She wasn't surprised.

"I don't think it was a lecture of such." Margo said, Raven rolled her eyes. She was rather bored with hiding all the time. "Maybe when we have to conquer the stairs?" Margo offered quietly. "Though, if they go smacking into a wall, I'm sorry."

"At least there's nothing breakable." Raven toasted her glass and drunk the rest of her drink in peace.