New Divide: 29

Since earlier talking with Raven, Charles had taken to just aimlessly walking along the corridors of his home. It was so vast and quiet in the night. So peaceful too. That was until he let out a surprised sound when hands suddenly clamped down on his shoulders.

This action just caused laughter. With a hand over his fast beating heart, Charles turned and shot Margo a look. She had managed to sneak up on him by hovering. She put a hand over her mouth to hide her grin, and to try and keep her laughter in.

“Sorry! Just...that was so asking for it!” She said through her laughter. “Sorry, really I am.” Margo said while calming down. “What are you doing?” She asked curiously while finally landing on solid ground with a quiet thud.

“Walking,” he stated obviously while crossing his arms. “Would you care to join me?”

“Sure.” Margo smiled and stepped in line with him as they both started walking down the long stretching corridor. As they passed she took to stopping every so often to look over the paintings and pictures which hung from the walls. Turning slowly she'd run to catch up with him and walk by his side in silence.

“I can't help but think that there is something on your mind.” Margo said while looking up at him. “I'm not a mind reader, but I can see when something is troubling someone. What's wrong?” She asked curiously, Charles sighed and looked down at her and then to the stair case they had just reached.

“Everything.”

Margo raised an eyebrow. “That's...wow, well...really?” She narrowed her eyes as they stopped near the stair case.

“You heard Erik, he will not stop at anything till Shaw is dead. We're going to have to most likely fight those who are like us. If that's not enough there are the people. Who no doubt are going to be caught in the cross fire. And then-” Charles rather rushed reply was stopped when Margo simply reached up and put a finger to his lips. He looked down at her hand and then at her.

“I did ask, I know. But something tells me that you shouldering all of this, or even worrying about it isn't going to do you any good.” Margo paused to sigh. “You're going to have to trust Erik to perhaps do the right thing. You can't stop him, you already know this. As for fighting people who are similar to us, you already knew this was going to happen. And you're going to have to believe in us to be able to watch our backs. The people...the people...they can look after themselves. You shouldn't worry about them. They're rather good at adapting, fighting, surviving, you know...the whole shebang.” Margo said sounding almost bored over the topic of talking about people. “Oh, sorry,” she said while finally removing her hand and entwining it with her other hand.

Charles smiled and started walking up the stairs, Margo appeared by his side opting to rather lazily hover over the stairs. “Be careful, Margo. Your wisdom is showing again.” She grinned and laughed at this. Turning the corner he took to walking down one of the corridors which branched off from the stair case. Margo's feet quietly thudded against the floor again as she walked by his side.

“Do you think...that...” Margo said struggling to say whatever it was that she wanted to get out. Charles looked to her, “What you said earlier on...” She trailed off and twiddled her fingers.

“I tend to say quite a bit, Margo, I’m not sure if you've realized this. You're going to have to be more specific.” Charles said with a smirk only to receive a playful nudge to the arm. He took a step to the side from the impact only to step back beside her.

Margo pulled to a stop and seemed to look hugely puzzled over what words to say. Holding out her hand she looked at him expectedly. Reaching up slowly Charles put his hand in hers with a sceptical yet curious look. Lifting his hand up Margo placed it against the side of her face.