New Divide: 34

Being upside down wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. Everything about this wasn't a pleasant experience. Raven looked across to Margo who was opposite to her. The two both had a similar strained expression on their faces.

Considering they were the only ones not strapped into their chairs both Charles and Erik went around checking on everyone and setting them free. Erik passed Raven's chair and promptly set her free, she let out a groan from suddenly slipping from the harness. Turning he stepped over to Margo and did the same, she cracked open an eye and looked to him.

“Thank you, Erik.” She said quietly while much like Raven, letting out a groan when she felt herself slipping back down.

To the side Charles had set Moira free from her chair, the two of them walked over to a hole in the jet and peered out through the buckled metal and the exposed wires. “I read the teleporters mind. Shaw is draining all the power, he's turning himself into some sort of nuclear bomb.” Charles explained a little breathless but no less sounding serious.

“We can't waste any more time. The Geiger counter is going out of control.” Moira replied while looking to the side where the counter was clicking away from the extreme readings it was picking up.

“All right, this is what we'll do,” Charles said while looking quickly to the side as everyone appeared to look out of nearby windows. “Get on the radio and tell them to clear both fleets out immediately.”

“I'm going in,” Erik said while his eyes looked to the few people who had just appeared from the ruined submarine across the stretch of beach to them.

“Beast, Havoc back him up. Erik, I can guide you through once you're in. But I need you to shut down whatever it is that's blocking me.” Charles said while turning away from the hole in the wall to look down at Erik who just looked along the line of people to him. “And we just hope to God that it's not too late to stop him. Right, good luck!” Charles said firmly while watching as Erik finally made a move for freedom. “Raven, stop!” He said while his sister made a break for freedom too. She clutched onto the hand rails which were lifelessly hanging and came to an abrupt stop.

“I'm going to help them!” Raven exclaimed.

“We don't have time for this. If anything comes in that entrance you're taking care of it. Yes?” Charles asked seriously while looking to Raven who stood tensed with her back to him and Moira. “Fine,” she said irritated. “Come along, Veil.” Raven looked over to see that Margo was the only other person present who hadn't got an assignment set for her.

She shot up and ran carefully after Raven. Both knew that keeping them close was a form of protecting them. But they were both as much a part of this as everyone else. They deserved to take part, instead of acting as guard.

No sooner had Alex, Hank and Erik stepped foot out of the ruined jet were they swept up into fighting. Alex and Hank got teleported away thanks to Azazel and Erik knocked Riptide out and flattened him to the ground by a piece of metal which he had pulled from the submarines side.

Erik darted into the newly formed hole and ran into the submarine. His pace slowed though as he walked along the chromatic corridors. He briefly looked over the monitors which suddenly surrounded him. Coming to a large lever, he heard Charles in his head telling him it was the nuclear reactor and he needed to disable it. Reaching up he placed his hand against the lever and slowly pulled it down.

The door next to the controls swung opened and revealed a rather clinical coloured yet finely furnished room. “Erik, you're there. You've reached the void.” Charles said, Erik looked around, trying to ignore the red alarm lights which illuminated the area.

“He's not here, Charles. Shaw's not here! He's left the sub.” Erik said highly annoyed as he reached the centre of the room and turned around to look over the surroundings he found himself in.

What? He's got to be there! He has to be! There's no where else he can be! Keep looking!” Charles said sounding as annoyed over the matter as Erik did. Back on the jet he had moved away from the hole in the side and moved slowly along the ruined cabin.

“And I’m telling you he's not! There's no one here, god dammit!” Erik said while frowning and suddenly stopping when there was a sound behind him. Slowly Erik turned and looked over his shoulder. A part of the wall had moved away to show a bright blue illuminated room behind it. Erik's eyes widened a fraction as he let out a slow sigh.

“Erik, what a pleasant surprise.” Sebastian said rather lightly considering the moment.

Erik slowly fully turned to look at the man in front of him. In his mind he could hear Charles calling his name, but he ignored him as he looked over the man he had spent so long tracking down. He took a slow step forwards, and then another.

“It's so good to see you again.” Sebastian lowered his hands to his sides and looked to Erik who was slowly getting ever closer. “May I ask you something? Why are you on their side?” Sebastian asked coolly while Erik stepped through the door, the part of the wall which made up the secret doorway slid back in place. “Why fight for a doomed race who'll hunt us down as soon as they realize their reign is coming to an end?” Sebastian asked stoically. Only he didn't expect to get a retort in the form of a punch across the face. Erik just watched as Sebastian's form shifted as he absorbed the attack. He seemed unaffected as he looked back to Erik. “I'm sorry for what happened in the camps. Truly I am.” There was silence then which was broken when Erik's form was shuttled backwards. He hit against the mirrored wall behind him which caused it to shatter suddenly under his weight. As he fell to the ground shards fell with him.

Erik, whatever you're doing, keep doing it. It's starting to work.” Charles reappeared in his mind. With the shattered wall it meant that there was no a way into the void which had been blocking Charles. Erik looked up at the wall and then slowly over to Sebastian.

“But everything I did, I did for you. To unlock your power. To make you embrace it.” Sebastian slowly started to move forwards as Erik pushed himself up off of the floor. He managed to get himself to a kneeling position before simply being touched and thrown across the other side of the room. The wall which Erik crashed into shattered into a million shining pieces which fell down on him.

It's working! I’m starting to see him. But I can't yet touch his mind.” Charles said while briefly looking to where Alex sent an energy blast up at Angel which ended in her wings being burnt and her hurtling to the sandy ground below.

“You've come a long way from bending gates. I’m so proud of you.” Sebastian said while looking to Erik, who was yet again kneeling. Just as Sebastian took a step forwards was he knocked aside by a piece of metal beam work. Erik had reached up and started to move the surrounding metal to crash into the room and against the man in front of him.

“And you're just starting to scratch the surface. Think how much further we could go, together.” Sebastian said while stepping forwards and making the metal which surrounded him move out of the way. He moved against the main beam in front of Erik, only for Erik to push against it to prevent him getting any closer. This one tactic didn't seem to work because Sebastian placed a hand against the beam and pushed it back. He managed to pin Erik to the wall behind him with the beam pressing against him.

While this was happening, back near the jet both Raven and Margo exchanged a look as Hank and Azazel crashed down in front of them. Hank gritted his teeth and looked angrily up at the red skinned man who was pinning him down.

“Azazel, stop.” Raven shifted forms to look like Sebastian, Azazel went to move only to have a hand gestured at him by Margo, he couldn't move, she had frozen him to the spot so when Hank suddenly latched onto his arm he couldn't immediately move. He felt the invisible force move and in that instant he attempted to teleport and attack, only to get kicked in the chest by Hank and fall to the ground. Raven shifted back to her normal form and smiled rather happily at Hank, Margo rocked by her side on her heels and crossed her arms behind her back. Perhaps doing guard duty wasn't all that bad.

----

(A/N: Hm, the beginning of the end for Shaw, yeah, that was fun to write, not gonna lie. Also, sorry for belated updating. My inspiration has been rock bottom. By all means, got suggestions for inspiration, spam me, I don't care xD)