New Divide: 38

“Think many people will come here?” Hank looked over his shoulder and then up at the ceiling. Because the ceilings were tall enough, Margo was able to make it appear as if she was walking along it, just hanging upside down had its side effects. She could feel the blood slowly going to her head.

“Why do you sound sceptical?” Hank questioned while watching as she slowly moved down and landed quietly in front of him. Straightening up she rubbed her head slowly and tentatively.

“I'm not sceptical!” She exclaimed at last and frowned at him. “Just...I hope we don't become over run...”

“Over run?” Hank smirked and rolled his eyes. Turning he continued on his way, Margo appeared by his side. “Have you seen how spacious this place is?”

“Stop being sarcastic,” she pouted and crossed her arms. “What are you going to do now, anyway? I mean, you're staying, right?”

“I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon. Not that I can.” Hank said flatly while turning the corner.

“I'm sorry, Hank.” She said clearly his appearance change still effected him to some point. “May I say...” Margo trailed off when he just narrowed his eyes at her. Coughing awkwardly she thought it best not to continue.

“What about you?” Hank asked turning the question back at her.

Margo frowned. “Yeah, I’m here to stay.”

“You don't sound certain.” Hank rolled his eyes and walked into a large room which he was using as his new laboratory. Margo looked around the set up equipment and sat down on a stool and looked at him. Leaning against a table she pouted and leant her chin against her hands.

“England and America are the only places I have seen.” Margo said slowly and thoughtfully. “I have been free from an institution now for months, and all I’ve wanted to do since then is explore. I want to travel, Hank. I want to see the world.” She explained while watching as he stood on the opposite side to the table as her.

“Does Charles know this?”

“To a point. He snoops. I’m sure he's aware.” She said casually with a shrug. “Just, there's peace at the moment, nothing is happening, this is as opportune moment as any to travel.”

“Do you have a passport?”

“I fly.”

“You can't just go flying into a country, Margo.” Hank rolled his eyes yet laughed over her suggestion. She looked disheartened by this and looked to the table bored. Taking to drawing circles on the surface she sighed and looked up at him. “Will you come back?” Hank asked after they stared at each other for a few more moments.

“You can't keep me away. Of course I’d come back! I’ve got nowhere else to go. This place is as much my home now as it is yours.” Margo beamed and sat up straight on the stool. She crossed her arms and gave a firm nod.

“When do you plan on going?”

She frowned at this and looked downwards. “I don't know. Not yet, I don't think. Maybe next week.”

“You certainly don't waste any time there do you?” Hank sat down opposite to her and took to fixing equipment together.

“At least I didn't say tomorrow, or by the end of the week.” Margo said while wagging a finger at him.

“What are you two doing secreted away in here?” Both Margo and Hank looked to the door to see Charles wheeling through the door. He looked at them curiously yet frowned. “What is it?” He didn't quite like the blank expressions they were sending his way.

“Moira gone?” Hank asked off-handedly while looking back to the equipment in his hands.

“Yes, she has,” Charles said while drawing up to the table and looking between them. “All right, come on, what is it?”

“I'm thinking and Hank's working. Nothing's up, or happening.”

“You're an awful liar, my dear.”

“Dang,” Margo turned on the stool and looked at him. “I want to go travelling.”

“Oh,” was the reply Charles gave while looking puzzled.

“Add cutting to the point along with not wasting time as two traits of yours.” Hank mumbled quietly and got a look shot at him by Margo.

“Is that wise? I mean, everyone is aware to us one way or another, they know we're out there-”

“Control,” Margo pointed at herself. “I am controlled. At peace with myself, and all that rubbish.” She said while giving Charles an apologetic look for cutting him off. Steepling her fingers she shut her eyes and sighed heavily. Opening them again she looked at him. “I want to return to England.”

“You want to leave here?” He sounded upset by this.

Hank looked between the two and crossed his arms. “I really do hate to cut in, but can you have your domestic elsewhere? I am trying to work.”

Margo rolled her eyes and exited the room with Charles moving after her. Looking down at him she frowned lightly. “This place is a safe haven. I do not want to leave. But I want to return. I..want answers...”

“You plan on confronting your parents.” Charles shook his head. “Is that wise?”

“I want to know why, and I want them to see me now.” Margo smiled and leant down to be on the same eye line as him. “Then I want to leave and return back here.”

Charles shook his head and stopped. “That sounds an awful lot like gloating.”

“I will dabble in gloating.” Margo grinned and stood up and moved around to grab the handles of the wheelchair. Moving slowly forwards she sighed. “Only this one time.”

“That also doesn't sound much like travelling.”

“Maybe I’ll make a pit stop in France. Maybe I’ll fly to the top of the Eiffel Tower and get a better view than anyone else. Maybe I’ll go to Italy too. I reckon I could do a full lap of the Colosseum in an hour if that and leave just in time to go see the Leaning Tower of Pisa.”

Charles smiled at her childlike wonder. Looking over his shoulder he looked up at her. “A right proper tourist.”

“Better believe it, I’ll bring you back some souvenirs if you want.” She laughed.

“'If you want'. Never knew I had an option. You're not planning on bringing back a dodgy snow globe are you and that's why you give an option?”

Margo frowned. “I've never bought gifts for someone. I never knew a snow globe was a bad option.” She said and then laughed. “How about a magnet?” She laughed even more when he just hung his head and put it in his hands.