♡ She's Gone ♡

CW: This chapter contains depictions of animal death. Please be safe.

The cave you had found was pitch black, even darker than the forest. You hold the knife you had with one hand while you activated your healing ability with the other. You needed lighting, and activating your ability helped you a bit, since small beams of light sparked when activated. You don't overdo it though, since you still needed to heal yourself, and heal Chrollo and Desdemona when they were to return. You carefully walked through the cave with your knife extended forward. You soon manage to reach a wall. You sigh and slide down from the wall to the floor to rest. While sitting on the floor you try to calm yourself down by breathing slowly. You deactivate your ability and stare at the black nothingness for a moment before reactivating your skill again to begin healing yourself. In a matter of minutes your wound had closed off.

"There..." You whisper to yourself.

You curl up in a corner still taking in the shock from the ambush. Suddenly you hear thunder beginning to roar from outside of the cave, and soon it begins to pour. You're completely frightened, and all you can do at the moment is wait. Another loud crash is heard. You wanted to keep your ability activated to have any form of lighting, but you knew that'd be irresponsible as you had to save energy for potential wounds the other two might have. You clench your eyes and begin going through your bag.

'Where is it?' You keep thinking while going through each pocket in your bag.

You wanted to call Illumi then. You needed to call him. You needed his help to calm down, but you couldn't find the calling device. You shake all the contents out of your bag onto the floor in a desperate attempt to find the device. Another thunderbolt is heard, followed by lighting. The light from the lightning illuminates the cave for a brief second, helping you take a clear look at all of your belongings. And there you saw it among the rest of your supplies; the broken device.

You stare at the object and begin picking up the pieces.

'When did this happen...?' You think to yourself.

You begin to sob quietly, feeling even more lonely than before. You bring your hands up to your face.

'My team is fighting for their lives, and all I'm doing is cry.'

You feel pathetic. You begin packing everything back into the bag and forcibly stand up. You begin to walk towards the entrance of the cave. Once close enough to the entrance you sit down.

'The least I could do right now is keep an eye out for their return...'

______________________________

After what seemed like thirty minutes of waiting, you notice a medium sized creature approaching the cave. You stiffen up and take your knife in a defensive position, just in case. Upon closer look, the creature turns out to be an adult tropical pig attempting to find refuge from the rain.

'...The bait!' You think

You relax and watch the pig enter the cave, getting closer to you. The pig fails to notice you and soon walks extremely near you. Your eyes widen and you quickly hold the pig. The pig begins to squeal, but you quickly and painlessly kill it with the knife you had before. The pig goes limp in your arms, and you set it beside you.

In a matter of seconds, the pig starts emitting a grotesque aroma of bodily fluids and death. You grimace at the smell.

'It's so strong...' You think while covering your nose with your wrist.

'Maybe...'

You take off your bag and leave it to the side. Afterwards you stand up and take the pig outside. You figure the pungent smell of the pig might bring the plant towards you. The rain is still heavy and you immediately get soaked. You walk a decent amount of distance from the cave and place the pig on the floor. The rain had caused the ground to become soft and malleable, and so you crouched down and began digging a small hole on the ground with your hands. After finishing, you place the pig inside.