♡ A Stranger in the Woods ♡

It had been a few months since you've departed from your home and took off to live in hiding. Your clan had been exploited for many years due to their healing abilities, and aesthetic appeal. The trademark of your clan being a pair of dove-like wings, small enough to be able to hide tucked in heavy fabric, but strong enough to carry flight.

Oh how lovely the clouds and wind felt through your hair in your past days as you flew by the hills in your early childhood. Something that your clan once showed off with pride became a feature that exposed you to a society of grotesque greed.

Your life had now come to a pause, as you had to stay in place in this lonesome cottage away from civilization, waiting and hoping for one of your own to return to you with news of a better home for your people.

______________________________

You were awoken by the sun seeping into your bedroom window, giving you the cue to start your day. You yawn tiredly and stretch your wings.

'Ah~ ... I better get to work now.'

You stand up and begin to prep up. You had to take your batches of fruit, veggies and home made jam to the marketplace. You wrap your wings together with a thick cloth and tuck them into the back of your dress, finishing your look off with your small trusty cloak coat.

You gather your belongings on a large gardening cart and begin your walk through the forest to set up in the nearest town.

Your walks through the forest were usually calm, but today something felt off. Something felt out of place. You couldn't put your finger to it but you felt like you had to to release the sense of dread and anxiety you were feeling then and there. The more you walked the heavier the atmosphere felt, something was telling you to return home and give up on today's sell. And you tried to fool yourself, you thought,

'I need to continue, I need the money.'

but deep down it was curiosity. You wanted to know what was causing you such a heavy feeling. Something so twisted about human nature made you want to understand what was happening. And then you got close enough to understand what it was.

'...Huh..?'

It was bloodlust.

There it was, although you were still too far to know who, you could pick out the silhouette of a person resting on the floor with their back to a tree.

You felt slightly unnerved at how one person could've produced so much bloodlust, and at that point your fear began to outweigh your curiosity. You've decided that it would be best to change directions or go back home, as to avoid any conflict. And as you were about to turn around you noticed the amount of blood surrounding this person. You froze, and noticed the person wasn't moving, they seemed almost lifeless.

'.... Could it be, they're injured?'

You walked towards the figure and as soon as you got close enough you released the grip on your gardening cart causing your produce to fall on the floor. You gasped at this display. Never have you ever seen such a terribly mangled body. The person was actively bleeding, and it seemed they didn't have much time left. They seemed to be half conscious, and that only alarmed you more than before.

You quickly dropped on the floor and began to activate your ability. You had to stop the bleeding immediately. You closed your eyes in attempt to control yourself.

'Breathe...! Breathe...! I need to stop the bleeding!'

After stopping the heavy bleeding, you were set on healing this person completely, but to do so you had to take them to your cottage. You quickly emptied your gardening cart and in a struggling manner, carried and placed the person inside.