♡ Goodnight ♡

Unbearable silence consumed the room as you sat up straight and stiffly. Your hands tensely against your thighs, as you looked down, not daring to make any kind of eye contact with Silva.

"Well then." He begins.

"It seems you're very well capable of fending for yourself, Y/N."

You peek upwards to demonstrate you are listening.

"Thank you sir, but Chrollo did a lot to help me throughout the exam." You mention.

Silva chuckles. "I assumed so."

His arms cross as he stares at you.

"Since our last encounter, I remember you spoke rather ill of my son Illumi." He speaks.

You gulp.

'What the hell is he talking about now?!'

"P-pardon sir?" You ask.

Silva nods. "Didn't you mention before how torturous living amongst assassins was?"

You look at Silva in shock. You did remember, and frankly it wasn't too long ago that you had expressed your distaste for the Zoldycks. You look to the side in attempt to stop Silva's eyes from uncovering the guilt you felt deep within.

"I-i'm sorr-" You uttered before Silva raised his palm calmly.

"There is no need to apologize, Y/N.

I can see where you're coming from." He interrupts you.

Silva stands up.

"Our lifestyle isn't one of normalcy, and I'm rather fascinated at how quickly your mind seemed to change within these past few weeks." He continued.

"Well..."

"Isn't that strange?" Silva asks.

You tilt your head.

"Strange?" You ask.

Silva chuckles.

"You've been confused ever since arriving.

Perhaps returning to your roots might help ground you more on reality."

He begins walking away.

"We'll be departing soon, so you must make sure you receive plenty of rest."

He stops for a second.

"And Illumi," Silva spoke.

Illumi looks up at Silva.

"I'd like to have a word with you."

He nods before standing up.

Illumi turns to look at you.

"I'll come back."

They both walk away leaving you behind.

You sigh and look to the side.

'I hope Illumi isn't getting scolded...'

You stand up and begin strutting through the living room, thoughts filling up your head.

'What did he mean with that...?

How am I confused...?'

As you walk around you stop in front of a decorative mirror and stare at yourself;

scruffy and dirty.

'Who are you...?'

You look away and walk towards the entrance doors.