♡ I'll Return Soon ♡

Illumi and you sat quietly at the entrance room awaiting for Chrollo's arrival. Whilst waiting during the two weeks Illumi had been helping you get better at self defense. You managed to learn the basics, but regardless that was not going to help you in a fight against Chrollo, and Illumi knew this. Due to this he was very strict during training in attempt to keep you on edge for the exam. In the end he told you that it'd be best to escape. He complimented the speed you could escape with when it came to your flight, and advised you to use that method than that of running away. You kept note of every tip Illumi had been teaching you so far, and could only wait nervously for Chrollo's arrival.

Illumi stands up randomly and leaves the room. You wait confusedly for his return. It doesn't take him long to return, this time carrying an object in his hands. He proceeds to sit next to you.

"Y/N, take this."

Illumi hands you over the object; it looked like walkie talkie kind of communication device. You grab it from Illumi's hands.

"This communication device is given solely to Zoldyck assassins but I believe this is a proper exception."
He gets closer to you to teach you how to use said device.

"I always carry mine, so if you ever feel in danger or wish to talk to me press this button and hold it whilst talking."

He points to a small button to the side of the device.

You nod. "Thank you..."

"Avoid pressing these buttons,

these will communicate you with my parents."

He points to the opposite side of the device.

"If I fail to answer one of your calls, which I highly doubt I will, but if the circumstances change, press this button."

He points to a different button on the device.

"This way you're able to contact Milluki."

You keep note of every dial within the device. You store it in a satchel you brought for the exam, which carried plenty of necessities for the exam; such as a first aid kit, and dry food.

"Thank you so much Illumi, I'll try to stay in contact with you."

Illumi nods. "Good."

There was a knock on the entrance door. Illumi and you both turned around on cue to face the door. The butlers opened the door and greeted Chrollo. Illumi stands up and walks towards the entrance door with you following behind.

"Good morning, Illumi." Chrollo waved.

"Hello, Y/N. Are you ready?" He smiled at you.

You nod, walk towards Chrollo and turn around to face Illumi.

Chrollo was wearing something less professional than the day he arrived as a client. So were you, as the hunter exam was heavy on physical endurance, Illumi had ordered the maids to dress you in a track suit for easier mobility. He made sure to hand you an extra pair of clothes as well, in case something happened.

"Very well, it's only you two here, huh? The other Zoldycks must be busy.

No worries, we'll come back soon." Chrollo said as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder with a smile.

Illumi glares at Chrollo.

"You're being unprofessional." He snaps.

Chrollo removes his arm.

"Oh right, my apologies Illumi.

I just feel like I've met Y/N before."

You tense up.

"It's only a deja vu." Illumi answers.

You feel relieved but a bit guilty from Illumi not questioning any further. He seemed to really trust your deja vu story, despite not really understanding it fully.

Illumi walks towards you and places his hands on your shoulders.

"Please return safely."

You nod. "I'll return!"

Illumi places his hands on your cheeks and pecks your lips lightly for a moment. He stops the kiss and looks at you a bit worried.

"I'll be waiting for you, Y/N."

You smile.

"I'll return soon."

Illumi backs away and glares at Chrollo coldly. He raises his arm and extends his hand menacingly a few inches away from Chrollo's face.

"If anything happens to Y/N,

I will murder you."

Chrollo smiles.

"You can trust me Illumi, I have no business with Y/N aside from the mission."

Illumi lowers his arm but continues to stare at Chrollo coldly.

"I expect you to treat Y/N professionally, Chrollo." He voices.

"Of course." Chrollo responds.

Chrollo turns to you.

"Well, we should get going now, Y/N or else we won't make it."

"Right!" You nod determined.

Chrollo turns and begins to leave. You follow behind, but turn back one last time to see Illumi. Illumi stands still watching you both walk away. You quickly run towards Illumi and hug him tightly.

"I'll be back soon Illumi, I promise!"

Illumi is surprised but hugs you back either way.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Illumi."

You both release each other from the hug slowly. You smile at Illumi reassuringly and run back to catch up with Chrollo. Illumi stares at you two fade away for a moment before closing the doors.

You walk next to Chrollo quietly as the gates of the Zoldyck manner close behind you two. Chrollo was leading the way, as you followed along next to him. There was no small talk as you both delved into the woods. Chrollo looks behind him to monitor the surroundings; he wanted to make sure he wasn't being followed before arriving at the exam. It seemed no one was following you two. He turns back and begins small talk.

"It's been a while, Y/N."

You keep walking whilst avoiding eye contact. You nod.

"Yes, a bit."

Chrollo smiles.

"You've become quieter, Y/N. Did something happen?" Chrollo asks curiously.

You shake your head. You really didn't want to talk to Chrollo. All you wanted was to return to the mansion already. Your priorities were first though, and you had to pass the exam and return as you promised Illumi.

"No, I just don't have anything to talk to you about." You respond.

"Is that so?" Chrollo teases.

"Very well, I'll respect your wishes.

There's really nothing wrong with a bit of peace and quiet, right?"

You nod and keep walking without a word.

"We'll get there soon, just keep following me."