Chapter 46

"It's not going to work," my father said. I sighed, rubbing my face with my knuckles, frustrated.

"It's a good plan," Sylvia chimed in, noticing my frustration.

"The best part is, that son of a bitch Elijah gets taken down," Natalia added. We all looked at her, raising our eyebrows. "Excuse the language. I'm a bit distraught," she said. We gave her sympathetic smiles.

"So are you in or am I going to have to find a way to do this myself?" I asked.

"You can't do it yourself or you'll activate the poison in your veins," my father said, giving me a look.

"Yeah, but if my idea works, then it doesn't matter," I replied.

"Let's not risk it," he said. "But fine. We have no other choice. This is the only plan we have. Natalia, can you go find Trey? Tell him to get as many people out of here as possible. Have Lance help him. We need to get as many people to safety as we can. Once you've done that, make sure you get out of there as well. Sylvia, you need to come with me," my father said. 

"Do you know the signal?" I asked. 

"You will gather your hair into a ponytail. Then I'll attack," my father replied. I nodded.

"Excellent. Let's do this," I said.

With that, we split. I went to go look for Gerrard so that he could help me execute the plan.

The plan was as follows. I was going to go to Elijah and tell him that my father had decided to turn himself in. After that, Gerrard and I were going to convince Elijah to call off his army. We were going to have to be persuasive, but I knew how to push Elijah's buttons until he gave in due to sheer annoyance of me. Once he called the army off, Natalia and Trey were supposed to get all of the Order to leave the grounds of Trinity University and transport to safety. When Elijah's army was gone and everyone else was safe, my father was going to go to Elijah. This is when we were going to take Elijah down.

This was the tricky part. Elijah was strong and even worse than his incredible magical ability, he was extremely cunning. The problem with taking Elijah down was that Gerrard and I had sworn an oath to never disobey Elijah's orders. However, there was a loophole.

Elijah's orders to us were that we had to do whatever he said. We just had to make sure his orders were followed, but in a way that would benefit us. He wanted me to take down Trey's army and technically, I will have done that by convincing the army to give up and retreat to safety. There was still the caveat that I had to kill Trey, but I was still working on figuring that one out. Gerrard's orders were that he had to keep me safe and help me carry out my tasks. Elijah hadn't specified which tasks he was to help me out with, which meant that my task of taking down Elijah was what Gerrard had to help me out with. 

But there was still the issue of our sworn loyalty to Elijah. We couldn't go against him. Yes, while we were planning and scheming to go against him, the actual actions themselves would not be done by Gerrard and I. We were going to do the part that Elijah had essentially told us to do: defeat the Order's army. My father was going be the one to take down Elijah. 

Sylvia was going to be hiding out. When I gave the signal, which was tying my hair, she was going to take away Elijah's voice permanently so that he couldn't give further orders. Once his voice was gone, my father was going to have to work quickly to take him down. Elijah could still think up spells and we had no idea if he knew a counter to the curse that Sylvia was going to use. So he had to be rendered unconscious before then.