Chapter 13

Tokyo was incredible. There were lights everywhere. The city was modern and chic. Everything looked so high-tech. I felt like I was in some sort of futuristic world and I should have been wearing a space suit or a silver jumpsuit. It was beautiful.

After I had gotten back from the Amazon, Gerrard and I decided that we needed to take some time off and figure things out. I went back home to my father's apartment and he went back home to Elijah's manor. My mind had been reeling with all of the information and knowledge that I had gained from the trip and I needed time to let it sink in. That, and I really missed Trey and I just wanted to be with him for the remainder of my summer holiday.

It had been Trey's turn to choose our next vacation destination and he had picked something a little different: Tokyo, Japan. We were currently staying in a fancy hotel on the near top floor. We had a spectacular view of the entire city, of which we were in the heart of. It was night time when we had arrived, so we were just now preparing to go out and do something fun.

"I wonder what kinds of outfits people wear to the clubs here?" Abbey asked as she extracted all of her clothes from her suitcase and dumped it on my bed, half of them landing on top of my feet, which were outstretched as I lay on the bed. 

"Abbey, really? You couldn't put that on your bed?" I asked, giving her a look and kicking her clothes off of me.

"My suitcase is on my bed!" she exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at her and got up. "Where are you going?" she asked.

"You're going to take at least three hours to find something to wear. I can get dressed in twenty minutes," I replied.

"That's so not--" she began and I looked at her expectantly. "Ok, maybe it is true," she mumbled, looking warily at her pile of clothes.

"That's what I thought," I said, skipping out of our room.

We had decided to get a suite, so mine and Abbey's room was on one side of the suite and Trey's and Lance's room was on the other side. In the middle was a small lounge area with contemporary white furniture. The wall was made entirely of glass, so we were able to see the amazing view of the city below us.

Currently, Trey was standing outside on the balcony area and looking down at the lights and the city life below. I pressed the button on the wall that opened up the glass door and stepped outside next to him. The sliding glass door shut behind me and I was hit by a wave of sounds.

"Hey," I said to him, nudging him with my hip.

"Hey, back," he replied, smiling at me. I smiled back and he looked at me. "How was your time away?" he asked.

"It was all right," I replied.

"Did you go somewhere?" he asked.

"Why do you ask?" I asked back.

"Because you look tanner," he replied. I bit my lip, not knowing how to answer.

"I went to the Amazon," I said, deciding that it wouldn't hurt to tell him where I went as long as I didn't tell him the reason for going.

"That's random. Any particular reason why?" he questioned.

"I needed to meditate," I said simply.

"And you decided the best place to go for that was the Amazon?" he asked. I nodded. He sighed.

"Caley, what aren't you telling me?" he asked.

The truth, I wanted to say to him.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feigning innocence.