Epilogue

5 Years Later

My palms were sweating. The wedding band on my ring finger was slick with moisture. I was so nervous. After two years of planning, my idea to create the United Nations of Magic was finally happening. I could feel my heart beating in my chest as I got ready to make the inaugural speech for the newest organization. 

After Trey had forgiven me once the war was over, we set the date for our marriage to be the summer after our third year at Trinity University. We had been engaged for nearly two years and we had decided that that was enough time. During our third year, we had worked on our relationship. It had been rocky at first and it was a while before it had gone back to the way it had been at Trinity High. But we eventually got back to how we were. Now, four years later, we were happily married, had graduated from university and were working for the Trinity Government. 

Once the war was over, I had gone to visit Atlantis to see the results of breaking the elemental curse. I was welcomed with open arms by the royal family. Although the moment was bittersweet because of the loss of Prince Zayll and Queen Cordelia, I witnessed for myself the happily ever after of thousands of people. But as I rejoiced with the people that I had been destined to save, something had felt off. I still didn't like how Atlantis was so hidden from the world. This was a place where I wanted to feel like I belonged, but I knew I wouldn't be able to if it was so clandestine. 

When I had broken the curse and the Original Witch met me in my vision, she had shown me the beauty of Elysium as it was when it was peaceful and united. I wanted the world of magic that we lived in to be that way once again. During my year abroad I had visited each nation of magic to experience their culture and learn their philosophies. And although each nation was strong, I could see room for improvement and that improvement could have only been achieved through the unification of all of the nations of magic. And so after I graduated from Trinity University, I proposed the idea of the United Nations of Magic to my father and he happily agreed to helping me create it. 

The UNM was based on its non-Magii counterpart. I had contacted each of the hidden nations of magic that were all over the world and had proposed to them my idea of creating a united governing body that would maintain peaceful relations among all of the nations. The task was difficult, but I had the help of my father and Trey. I had used the connections I had made in my previous travels and appealed to them first. With those leaders on my side, it was easier to convince the other nations of magic, and soon, we had 54 total nations that had agreed to be a part of the UNM. 

Just like the non-Magii United Nations, the UNM was made up of several different committees. There was a General Assembly, a Security Council, a Council on Economy, and a Peace Relations Committee. The General Assembly consisted of a representative from each nation. The Security Council was made up of a single representative from each element. So there was a member from one of the fire nations, air, earth, and so on. Each of the committees presented to the General Assembly. Final decisions were made by the Big Six and the president of the UNM. The Big Six were representatives from the most dominant elemental nations. These included the modern Trinity nation, Atlantis, Aerya, Sylvanterra, Aghbad, and Aethereus, which was a small tribe of seers. The president of the UNM overlooked all of the committees and led the General Assembly. And the president happened to be me.

Because I was the one who came up with the idea of the United Nations of Magic, everyone thought it was best that I served as the first president for the four year term. It was an incredible honor and one that I was extremely grateful to be given. But it held a lot of responsibility and it made me nervous.