Part 2, Chapter One: Good Ole Boys

Sirens wailed and police cars flooded in. Two cars, an orange 1969 Charger and a black 1977 Trans Am with a golden Firebird on the hood had been abandoned in the panic of the situation.

A Hazzard deputy lay in the arms of a young woman. She was crying as blood flowed steadily from a bullet wound in the young man's side. An old farmer comforted her as a fat man in a white suit and the Hazzard sheriff held their hats close to their hearts, singing Amazing Grace in their heads.

The property was surrounded by a large, chain-link fence. There were twenty-four dog houses, all complete with their own deadly canine. The large barn and the small, empty house stood alone in the back. However, there was nothing to be afraid of at the moment.

A couple of police officers led a group of paramedics behind the barn, where they found two young men. One the age of eighteen, and the other twenty-five. They were both unconscious. One paramedic leaned over the younger of the two. He was tall, six-foot-three, and had blonde hair. The paramedic quickly checked his pulse.

"We've got a dangerously weak pulse here," the paramedic reported.

A different paramedic checked over the older one. He was average height, six feet tall, and had dark hair.

"This one has a normal pulse, some irregular breathing though,"  the second paramedic said.

The two young men were Bo and Luke Duke. Two cousins that'd just been through Hell and back with each other and had involuntarily overdosed on drugs that would wipe their memories and put them to sleep. Those of which were killing Bo.

The first paramedic rolled Bo onto his back and opened his left eye. He took a flashlight and waved it back and forth. He backed away from him, turning to his supervisor.

"What is it?" the supervisor asked.

"His pupils are unnaturally dilated and unresponsive to light change. I believe he could be dying from a drug overdose sir, we need to get him to a hospital immediately," the paramedic said.

"That's the same over here," the second paramedic said.

The supervisor held their radio up to their mouth. "We've got two here who need immediate medical attention."

Someone on the line answered, "We got one here who does too. HQ, you better send more than one ambulance, over."

Flashing lights and the sound of sirens woke the county. All else was drowned in the noise and light. Men and women rushed out of their homes to see what was going on, but no one would know the whole story until the first newspaper was picked up.