Close Call

Revenge of the Celestial Mage
Chapter 8: Close Call

I bid goodbye to Romeo and his friends. Iris decided to give me a dire wolf named Isa. She's my companion. Isa has black fur with white abdomen. Half her chest is white and black.

Her ears were black on the inside and white on the inside, The tail was black on top with white underneath from nose to tail and black from nose to tail down her back.

Her nose were black with white stockings, and her paws, white. Her head was white and black by the ears with markings over her eyes and face.

I trained with Iris and Zeus for another 6 months. I'm ready to go and return to Earthland now. I can go on jobs and spend time with my half-brother, Romeo.

"Goodbye Iris. Bye Zeus. I promise to stay strong." They wave back and walk through the portal and I'm standing in front of Sabertooth.

My insignia automatically appears on my right shoulder in dark red. I am officially a member of Sabertooth.

Sting's P.O.V

I am relieved that Lucia said yes, but I hope she doesn't change her mind. "Sting, I have to tell you something." she starts. "O-Ok, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Look, I understand that you want to be with me forever and I thought all of this over. So what I'm saying is that I can't marry you yet. I'd rather remain just as boyfriend and girlfriend. Gomen'nesai." She takes the ring off her finger then puts it in my palm. She sighs deeply then looks at me.

K-Kuso...just when I thought she wouldn't change her mind. "A-Are you breaking up with me?" I ask nervously.

"No, I just don't want to get married yet. Ok?" She replies.

She pecks my cheek and walks away.

"Sting, you ok? I think you should just hold it off. A true boyfriend should respect his girlfriend's decision." My brother Rogue appears behind me. "I understand. I'll wait."

Lucy's P.O.V

I decided to take a walk around town. I needed some fresh air. I decide to head to an armor shop. I need some new requips that just might do the job. I step inside and greet the cashier. "Hello, may I help you?" the cashier asks politely. I shake my head.

"No thanks, I'll just look around." I reply. He nods. "Let me know if you need anything." he says. I nod. "Arigatō." I walk around then I spot an armor that looked stunning.

It was undescribable. It was a Storm Empress armor. It was beautiful. Bree, Shira, and I continue to look around when I spot someone I didn't want to see.

Titania Erza Scarlet.

I quickly grab the armor I desired and went to the cashier. It costed 10,000 jewel. That's a lot for armor, but it's an average price for something this new.

I quickly run out with Bree and Shira behind me.

Not realizing I rushed past a young girl. "Oi Luciana, what was that all about? You didn't have to run away. You could've changed forms so no one could recognize you." Shira agreed.

"Umm, no reason. I'll tell you the story later." I reply.

???? P.O.V

Huh, that's strange. Why did that girl just randomly run out of the store? Is it because she saw someone she didn't want to see? I don't know.

But I am going to get some keys for myself. I need to summon these spirits and train some more with Gwyn, Kaida, and Tertia. I bought over one million different kinds of fire, air, and earth related spirits that just might be helpful. I return many hours later to make contracts with them.

Since I have plenty of magic energy to summon one third of them. I'll break it up over a course of three days and train with them for a few months.

Adrienne, Haruki, and Sera are hunting. They take forever. Would it seriously take this long to hunt for elk?

Geez.

"Now, now child. You mustn't be so desperate. Just hold on a little longer." My exceed, Storm could tell I was holding my patience.

I shake my head.

"I don't want to wait. I'm starving and we haven't eaten elk in a month. We've always had just carrion and I hate it."

Storm rolls her eyes. I could've hunted and found an elk much faster than they have.

It would take me less then a week to find one. They've been gone for 2 weeks and they have nothing.

"Grrr, I can't hold my patience any longer you three. You'd better hurry or else."