Flaming Stars and Memories

Revenge of the Celestial Mage
Chapter 28: Flaming Stars and Memories

~While Celeste is in Oak Town~

Maya runs around as Sabertooth's first master sends out checkpoints. Meanwhile, Nira is proceeding to the same checkpoint.

"Nira-san, please to proceed to point B10." says Mavis, the founder of Fairy Tail also known as the Fairy Tactician.

"Maya, please proceed to point B10." says Sabertooth's First Master. Both members head to the checkpoint and they come across each other. When a surprising secret takes a sudden turn.

Nira: Hey Mya, it's been awhile since we've fought like this.

Maya: I don't know what you're talking about.

Nira: Don't pretend like you don't remember.

Maya: You must be mistaking me for somebody else. Because I am not the person that you know of.

Nira: Then I'll make you remember.

Maya: I really don't know you or who you are.

Nira: Moon Dragon Memory Return!

Maya: *direct hit and gasps* No way, it can't be.

-Flashback-

No P.O.V

About nine years ago, two six year old girls are playing around in an open meadow.

Maya's P.O.V

"Maya-san, let's play hide and seek" young Nira suggested.

"Hai! You count first." I reply. "Maya-san, I wish that we can be friends forever and maybe join the same guild someday." Nira says dreamily.

"Which guild, Nira-san?" I ask curiously. "Fairy Tail, I hear they have crazy strong wizards that might be so cool and become apart of the strongest guild in Fiore."

"I think we should both join Sabertooth. They have the awesome Dragon Slayer duo. Sting and Rogue. Besides, Fairy Tail has recently just gotten back from their 7 year disappearance on Tenrou Island." I say. "Fairy Tail is stronger because they have the well known dragon slayer trio Salamander, Sky Maiden, and Black Steel." Nira shouts.

"Calm down Nira-san, I'm not trying to debate whether which guild is stronger. I give up." I say. "Maya!!! It's time to train some more." my brother, Brooks called. "Goodbye Nira, I can't see you anymore. I'm sorry I never had the courage to tell you." I mumble sadly.

-6 years later-

No P.O.V

Nira kept waiting for Maya to return but she never did. Until Nira learns a startling secret. Her whole life as a mage would be turned upside down.

Nira's P.O.V

I waited 6 years for Maya, to come back and we'd play our classic game of hide and seek. Maybe I should look for her. I just really hope she didn't join Sabertooth.

She wouldn't stop talking about it when before she "abandoned" me.

So I decided to keep looking and I came across Sabertooth. "Here I go." I mumble and take a deep breath.

I really hope she didn't join, she said she would join Fairy Tail with me.

Tears came streaming down my face.