Seeing Mom Again

Revenge of The Celestial Mage
Chapter 49: Seeing Mom Again

We head to the forest and approach a cave. A dragon with pure blue scales was sleeping there.

"Mama? Is that you?" The dragon opens it's eyes and when she sees all three of us, she gasps in shock.

"Roxy? Naomi? Nalani? I-Is that you?" she asked. We nodded. We saw her shrink and she was a human?!

Nalani looks at me puzzled then back at our mother. "Mom, is it really you? I feel like it isn't. It's a trap." Nala looked unconvinced.

"I promise you. It's me." Nala cries. "It really is you! I know that voice!" Our mother giggled.

"Shizue, how come you never told me that you're my real mother?" Nala asked. Our mother stopped giggling and looked at her worriedly. She let out a deep sigh.

"If you ever found out any earlier in your life, then you would just be putting your life in danger. I was trying to protect you."

"How were you trying to protect us when you left us with different people?!" She shouted.

Lucy's P.O.V

I was so angry she never told me that she was my alive mother. "So, Nala. How are Layla and Jude?" She asked.

"Uh. Well, Layla passed away when I was 5 and Jude passed away when I got back from our 7 year slumber on Tenrou Island."

"I see. But what does it mean? Since you were missing for seven years." She asked. "As Nala, it means I haven't aged in 7 years nor did my magic change." She nodded.

"Ok. But since you found out that you're the Celestial Water Dragon Slayer, you can continue your training. But then, I guess it wouldn't hurt to learn all Celestial Element Dragon Slayer magic with a little Phoenix Slayer magic might do."

"Do I train with the phoenixes of the dark and the light?" They shook their heads profusely. "Then who am I training with?" I ask.

"His name is Twilight. He is a Phoenix of the Night." I nodded. "Then what does this mean?" I ask.

"Nothing..." I was still confused. I needed things highly simplified even more.

"Well then, why don't you let us put it this way so it's easier for you. Roxy is a Light Phoenix Slayer, while I'm a Glass Dragon Slayer." Naomi explains.

"Make sense?"

"So, it really means that you only practice Dark Arts, as well as the forbidden/legendary light spells or glass spells."

"But why can't you train to gain the same power as me?" I ask for the second time.

"Nala, we're just not allowed to train with these angels. We don't train with them. But you're the only one who can."

I was curious about it but I feel like I want to remain as a dragon slayer. I didn't want to learn anymore magic. I was done training.

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"Well, I mean it's not required to train with them, unless you really want to." Roxy adds. I nodded at her. "I do understand but I have decided not to train with Twilight."

Did my mother want me to train with mostly Celestial Water Dragon Slaying magic and would Phoenix Slayer magic at all, actually be able to help me in tough situations?

I still felt a little unsure. "But why do I have to learn this stuff? I feel like I am fine to learn just Celestial Dragon Slayer magic."

Shizue refused. "What makes you say that?"