Night at Daybreak

Revenge of the Celestial Mage
Chapter 80: Night at Daybreak

After finding out what the secret was, I now knew why the client wanted this book back to her completely unscathed. It was the work of her father after he got his father's book back. Even though he requested the book be destroyed.

"Whitney! Did you find out?" I nodded. "Yeah. I can now tell all you guys about it. C'mon Happy, let's go find the others and give them a hand if needed."

"Happy, why do you think Everlue's nephew doesn't want this book to leave this place? Or even touch it?" Happy shrugged. "Not sure. But I know Lucy and Levy could figure something out if we can contact them somehow." I smiled.

"Happy, you're a genius!" I say squeezing him tightly. He couldn't breathe. He stuttered words asking me to release him. "Gomen..."

I say bowing my head sincerely. "Now where's Natsu? We have to find them." Suddenly, the building started shaking and rubble started to fall from the ceiling.

"That's gotta be him with Erza, Lyon and Gray...I am pretty sure they're causing a real ruckus in there." Happy giggled.

"You lllllllike him, don't you?"

"Shut up, cat!" I say. "I don't like anyone except Lyon. I've known him longer than Gray. Because he and I were childhood friends." Happy finally let up.

"Ok ok. So you don't like my buddy." I rolled my eyes. "I only like him as a nakama. And that's all there is to it." I reply.

"Natsu! Gray! Erza! Yiska! Where are you?!" I hollered.

"Whitney! Tasukete!" I heard Dawn call in the distance. I followed her voice and relied on my senses.

Until I finally found them.

But what I saw was not a good sign. Gray, Lyon and Ryuuki were on the ground unconscious.

"Minna! Holy Mavis! What happened?" I asked. I heard Yiska groan in pain who noticed that I came back to aid them. "I knew you'd come back for us." He says before collapsing again.

"Yiska? Yiska? Yiska! Wake up! Don't die on me now! Please!" I hollered, grabbing him by the shoulders and shaking him vigorously. I looked over and I saw that Natsu wasn't moving either.

His body as limp as a wilted plant. "Natsu! C'mon! You're stronger than this!" I hollered.

What the hell happened to them? Who the hell would do this? I thought. I have to get a hold of Lucy and tell what was going on. Also have her send some backup.

~Meanwhile~(Back at Fairy Tail)

No P.O.V

Roxy, Naomi, and Mira are talking when one of them gets an urgent call from Whitney. Roxy answers it and asks what's wrong.

When she answered, Whitney spoke all panicked and worried. "Oh thank goodness, Roxy! I'm so relieved that you answered, I really need your help."

"Calm down, Whitney. Now tell, what's the matter?" Roxy could hear Whitney try to take a deep breath but it took awhile. "Ok....it's everyone, Roxy. Except me. We need to send Keira to our location ASAP!"