Chapter 49

The last of part of the day couldn’t have gone slower. I had dance last, and all we did was theory, and history of lyrical dancing. To make that period even worse, Kim the blonde ass cheerleader is in my class. Oh Joy!  As soon as the bell rang, my bag was hoisted over my shoulder and I was out the door. Even though it was only my first day, I couldn’t wait to get home.

Geez. Did I just... Home. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to really refer to a place as home.  

I pushed my way through the crowd elbowing and shoving people out of my way. “Hey Kaela!”

Shit!  I glanced over my shoulder and spotted Andrew coming after me. “Oh god!” I cursed. I needed to get to the car well ahead of Andrew before Kale was spotted.Or even worse- if Andrew was spotted.

As I passed my English class room I caught sight of an open window. At the last moment I ducked down and stumbled into the class room. Mr Crowley was busy at his desk studying something his glasses hanging off the end of his nose. I ran past him and made for the window as quickly as I could.  “Oi, what do you think you’re doing! Kaela Stephanie Miller get down from there right now!!!” He roared after me as I through a leg over the window.  I hear the scraping of chair legs as Mr Crowley stood, just as I jumped from the window. My feet landed softly on the grass and I took off at a jog. Kale’s car was parked right outside the entrance just as promised. He had the windows rolled down, and was resting an arm on the window and looked hotter than hell. I leave it to you to figure out in which way I meant.  Students were pointing at his car, and gossiping, the girl’s eyes widening as the walked past. The closer I got to the car the quicker I jogged my heart pounding nervously as I resisted the urge to look towards the school doors. I practically leapt into the car, and jamming the seat belt in my rush for him to drive off. As soon as I was done I glanced anxiously towards the front of the school looking out for Andrew. “You’re a bit desperate to leave aren’t you?” Chuckled Kale turning the engine on. “Who were you running from?”

“Oh..” I spluttered my head snapping in his direction. “Just Mr Crowley.”

“Hah, you have him for English do you? No wonder you were desperate to leave.”

Kale shifted his car into drive and took off without another word.

I slumped in my seat.  I glanced back into the side mirror. Andrew had just made it out of the school building and was looking for me.

“So how was your day.”

“Ehhh average, I suppose.”

“Made any friends??” Asked Kale in an exaggerated mocking voice and flashing me a smirk.

“HAH. You could say that.”  I muttered.

Kale looked at me his eyes narrowed slightly.

“What do you mean by that?”

“.. Ahh just some tarts, Kim whatsitator-blonde-cheerleading-biaaaach.”

“ Oh yeah.” He said nodding.

The car ride home was a quiet one, with only the sound of the engine, and Arctic Monkey’s playing softly through the speakers. After going down the back roads, we eventually pulled into the privet 3 kilometer driveway, which finished in a semi circle outside the front of the ranch with the garages. The engine was killed, and I got out. The Haley and the others weren’t home yet, but the uni boys were.  As soon as we got in we could hear the firing squad and explosions from on the TV along with angry outburst from Ben, James and Jace. They took no notice when we came into the living room.  I shook my head, watching the gun fire, and one of the players taking a hit. “Fffffuuu…..You were supposed to cover me!!!” Cried Brody, slinging a cushion at Jace who grinned.