Chapter Ten

Kale’s POV

I stormed back to the ranch fuming with rage, sure it had felt damn good beat the living shit out of Jace but I wanted more. I wanted pain, and suffering to go on longer, he didn’t deserve to live! And Ryan, I knew he was stupid but that was about one of the stupidest things he’s ever done the fool. But Kaela, the terror that had been in her eyes, and then the sudden awe followed by fear as she’d watched me just about kill Jace. I didn’t want her to be scared of me, but sometimes I can’t control the anger that burst out of me. If I EVER see Jace do anything like that again I swear I’ll kill him. I stomped into the ranch and slammed the door so hard that the door began to splinter, and then, there was the loud creek and crash as the door fell off it’s hinges. I closed my eyes and sighed. “Oups..” .

I went straight into the kitchen and took out a bottle of beer, popped off the cap and skulled the whole thing. Wiping my mouth I sat put it on the counter before digging into the fridge for vodka. The boys came in with Jace and froze when they saw me in the kitchen with the vodka. They knew better than I did that I was more dangerous when I’d been drinking and angry then just plain angry in the first place. The boys backed out quickly and vanished down the hall Caleb staying behind. He looked at me with sympathy before he sat at the counter on one of the bar stools motioning for a bottle of beer. Grunting at him I opened the fridge, took a beer and chucked it at him.

“You really shouldn’t be drinking Kale.”

“I know.” I grumbled. I looked at him with curiosity, which caused Caleb to rolled his eyes before answering the question that had been playing on my mind.

“Yes, he’ll live.!” He said in a bored tone.

“Damn…”

We both chuckled , before ending up in raucous laughter. I could always count on Caleb to cheer me up, even if a bit of alcohol helped a little. He was the only one who I could count on, we’d been best friends ever since we’d met at the age of 10. We’d both arrived at the ranch together were we’d met Ben, Dan, Brody, and James. The other boys we found later on and we then all just stuck together, all of us with no families, and no responsibilities. What a life….

Of course then we all grew up a bit and we had fights, and then we found Tina. What a joy that was… well it was at the time, we’d only seen girls when we went clubbing every Friday, but those girls weren’t shifters they were just stupid humans who we could make do and give whatever we wanted. Not nearly as fun as a female shifter of our race. We also had come across the other races of shifters, that hadn’t been pleasant at all. That was when we truly decided on rules, and the idea of creating a sanctuary for our kind which we’d band together finding as many of our kind that we could that were left.

“Kale?”

“What” I groaned.

“Stop drinking.”

“What..?” I said before looking around. Caleb was sitting there looking at me with raised eye brows and wide eyes. Then I noticed the bottles that lay across the counter.

“Oh..” I said putting the bottle down. I felt a sway of dizziness.

“I think… I’m going to go sleep..” I mumbled before half walking half stumbling out of the kitchen and down the hall.

“JUST YOU WAIT KALE I’M GOING TO KILL YOU WHEN YOU SLEEP!” Came the loud cries from Jace’s room.

I growled peering round his door. He was propped up with pillows on his bed where the scent of Tina was still present. Jace’s glare faltered as he smelt the alcohol and anger that was wafting around me.