Chapter Fifteen

I held my ground keeping a sharp eye glued onto the large, angry shifter in front of me. I cringed as I remembered kale impaling the living shit out of Jace and how frightening he’d been. Oh Kaela you fool.Sensing the danger I was in I began to slowly creep back, but Kale was having none of it and leapt at me his large heavy body slamming into me and pinning me on the ground. He looked down at me snarling furiously and showing two rows of sharp three inch long canine teeth. I squirmed beneath him and seeing no other option , bit hard into his leg. Kale growled angrily and removed his paw from off my chest, allowing me to roll out from under him. Keeping my body low to the ground I flattened my ears against the side of my head. showing him that I didn’t want to fight. Kale’s eyes softened a bit but he was still showing teeth and his tail flickering angrily. My own tail twitching I then lay on my belly and looked up to him showing him the full expanse of my electric blue eyes. Kale shut his mouth and paced towards me still looking angry. He walked around me slowly looking at me as if deciding on something. As he disappeared from view walking behind me I then felt one of his heavy paws being placed on my back. My heart began to pound. This is it. I’m going to die, the two hours are up and he’s made his decision. I’m going to die!

I waited frozen in fear for what would happen next. Kale placed his second paw and my back and I could feel his hot breath on my neck as he lowered his muzzle. Terror filling up inside me I closed my eyes and waited. Kale’s mouth closed over the scruff of my neck and I whimpered with fear as his jaws clenched tightly and he lowered his weight on top of my body. I could feel no pain as it was only the scruff of my neck but if he bit any harder he would draw blood. I don’t want to die! Kale let go of the scruff of my neck and gave a loud deafening roar that could have been heard for miles. This is it. He’s going to… Kale lifted one of his paws of me and then began to lick my ears and nuzzle my neck warmly, before removing his other paw from off my back. Joy chorused through my body and I just about leapt up at Kale to nip his ears and lip his face with happiness. Kale rubbed his cheek against mine and placed his large head on my back in a cat like hug.  I was too happy to care about the fact that his scent was being rubbed all over my body,  I was going to live. 

 I was then aware of the sounds of cheering from on the other side of the fence as the ranch guys crowd of on lookers. Haley was there with Timothy and she was smiling happily with Tim’s arm around her shoulder possessively.

I gave a cattish grin and shifted back to human form.

“Is there anything you want to grab from your..old room?” Asked the now human Kale.

“Nope, just get me out of this cage.” I said grinning and grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the door.

Kale gave a husky chuckle allowed me to drag him to the door so that I could be released. As soon as Dan unlocked the door I ran out and began skipping around whooping for joy energy and utter brilliance rushing through me. I skipped through the crowd of boys grabbing Mouse’s hands and skipping in circles with him, while he looked at me nervously while laughing.Letting go of mouse I twirled in circles my hands raised to the sky with joy and getting dizzy. I bumped into someone and stopped to see who it was. Kale looked down at me with a smile on his face. Standing on my tip toes I reached for his face and pulled him down to me and kissed him. The guys who were watching hooted and whistled. “Thank you.” I whispered into his ear.

“Oh come on already.” Came a shrill bored voice.

Letting go of Kale I turned to find Tina standing in a cute mini skirt and short t-shirt that she’d purposely cut short, making it look even shorter than mine. Huh someone’s trying a little too hard.

“Guess what Tina, I’m in! That means were going to be living with each other, and you’ll get to put up with me every day, aren’t you excited.” I said giving a devilish grin.

The guys behind me chortled with laughter.

Tina just gave a tight smile before flouncing off.

“Well she’s gonna be loads of fun!” I laughed.

“I’m so glad you’re through!” cried Haley dashing up to me and squeezing me into a hug. “We can go shopping tomorrow and get you heaps of stuff!!” She cried excitedly. I let out a gasp.

“You mean, I can get clothes..!?!" I gasped my mouth agape.

“YES!!!” cried Haley.  I managed to sneek in a small little dance of joy while Dan and Ryan moaned loudly.

Man living in the ranch sounds like it’s going to be a total BLAST!