Chapter 23

By the time Kale caught up to me making me literally jump out of my skin I already had my hands full of small items that I’d found on my wonderings. I’d found two small cute picture frames, a dark purple fluffy cushion, diary, three books, sketch pencils, paints, and art paper.

“Want me to take those out of your hands for you.” He almost laughed.

I smiled and let him take the items out of my arms and into his large hands for him to put in the trolley.

“You about done here?” He asked while looking at one of the picture frames I’d found and smiling.

“Yup I think so. What’s so funny?” I asked curiously staring up into his deep turquoise coloured eyes.

“Hm? Nothing..” He said purposely looking guilty and rolling his eyes breaking contact.

“Liar.” I said smiling and lightly hitting him.

Kale to my surprise gave quite a shocking reaction. His eyes widened and his hand clenched hard over where I’d just hit him, his face showing faked pain.

“…ow..!” He gasped hiding a small smile.

“Pussy.” I laughed.

“That, miss Kaela was not nice.” He said taking steps towards me.

“Aww poor putty tat..!” I said in a whiney sympathetic voice.

Kale was now leaning over me his lips slightly curved into a smile.

“Tell me….” I said my voice only coming out as a whisper as I gazed up at the smoking hot shifter leaning over me.

Kale lent down close to my face.

“Why?” He asked his hot breath warming my face.

“Because..”

“You’ll find out later.”  He said in a whisper close to my ear before turning away to walk back to the shopping trolley.

“What!? Why?” I whined childishly stomping over to the trolley.

“Hmm because it’s a surprise.” He said grinning widely.

“No fair.” I said while  mindlessly looking at some of the things in the trolley.

“Ah ah!” Said Kale quickly grabbing my hand and pulling it away from one of the duvet cover packets.

“What…oohhhhh” I said with a smile.

He’s bought me something.

“Okay.” I said before hopping on the end of the trolley.

We met up with Haley and everyone else by one of the malls exit doors were we all then made our way back to the cars. I was quite surprised when we entered the car park to see that it was already dark.

“Wow, what time is it?”

Mitch pushed back his sleeve and checked the time. “ Eight thirty.”

“Wholey crap!” I gasped. Mitch who was walking next to me looked down and laughed.

“Time flies when your having fun!” Piped Haley from behind me where she was walking with Tim, their arms linked together. Aww they really are cute!  

Since we’d parked the cars downstairs we all walked down the trolley slope, apart from Tina and Jace who walked down the steps instead. Oh , and not all of us actually walked down the slope. Kale, Ryan and Caleb each had a trolley, Kale the only one with his actually full. When they got round the last corner of the slope they each balanced their weight on their trolley’s and raced down to the bottom.