Chapter 43

I gazed up at the forget-me-not blue sky. The grass beneath my legs tickled and was beginning to itch.  A long sigh escaped my lips as my eyes began to wonder in circles of boredom. The itch beneath my calf grew to an annoying extent causing me to sit up quickly and begin clawing at it. My nails scraped across my skin leaving behind red flushed skin. When satisfied I flung my hands down to the grass beside me and hung back my head grumpily. So-Bored!!! Grass was uprooted between my fingers as I pulled each blade up and chucked them away. " Someone's a little bored." Laughed a male voice from behind me.

"YuP." I muttered with a pathetically small smile.

"Well sucks for you." He said beginning to walk away.

I groaned. "You're supposed to be like 'Hey I know what you can do!', not just leave me dying here!" I called out in frustration.

His foot falls receded as he got further away.  I leant back my head again watching his retreating figure before giving a low grumble and jumping up after him.

"Man you really are desperate!" Laughed James.

"Shut up!" I growled shouldering into him.

James shouldered back and I nearly lost my balance. "So where are you going?" I asked.

"I dunno." he shrugged.  "Anyway don't you have to race Dan in that fricken car game?"

"Oh yeah..." I muttered.  I'd forgotten all about that.

"Trying to get rid of me already?" I grinned.

"Maybe."  Said James giving me a slow sideward glance.  "Go on go race Dan." He said making shooing motions with his hands.

I grasped hold of his hands. "Where are you going?"   I asked narrowing my eyes suspiciously.

"I told you I don't know."  He said his eye brows raised in challenge. Silence. Slowly I released his hands. "I don't believe you."  I said slowly.

James' amber eyes stared back at me with steady gaze, his face expressionless.

"Well that's just too bad."

When I didn't say anything he turned around and continued walking. Smiling I skipped after him and grinned as he stiffened with annoyance.

"Seriously Kaela, go and race Dan."

"What if I don't want to right now."

James gave a low growl.

"Tell me where you're going, and I'll leave."

"How about, you leave and I'll tell you later." Grumbled James coming to a stop and glaring at me.

"Deal." I said. "But for your own good, you sure as hell better keep to your word."

James smirked. "Of course." He said with a mocking bow.

"Kaela so you have shown up to meet the challenge, which will be your doom!" Cried Dan dramatically.  "Take a seat." Grinned Dan patting the empty space next to him.  I 

grinned and sat down. "Here is your controller. This one is to accelerate. You use this one to steer or the little arrow buttons, this one does power slides when going round corners annnnd this one is your brake. SO- would you like a test run?" 

"I think I can handle it." I smirked.

"Okay then. Well let's play." he grinned.

Dan picked up his remote controller and clicked on the multiplayer mode.  "Choose your car."  I flicked through the different cars watching the 'levels' of acceleration, handling, and stability change. I didn't want anything to fast or anything with crap stability. I searched for a car with nearly balanced levels, there was one that was close, but after taking a quick glance up screen to where Dan's chosen car was waiting I decided otherwise. Dan's chosen car was purely meant for speed. It was dark bottle green with yellow and orange flames licking it's sides.  "You chosen yet?" Asked Dan impatiently. "Nearly." I muttered flicking through the cars again. I settled on a car which had great acceleration, alright stability, but it had poor handling. Clicking the X on the controller , it ten gave you the option of spray painting your car. Mine ended up being painted a deep crimson red, with magenta and purple flames. "Ready." I grinned. "But, before we start the race I think we should make a little deal." I said.