Chapter 46 part 2

Once out of the car I shut the door my eyes not wavering or revealing the nerves which were shaking up my stomach. The onlookers faces portrayed different thoughts and emotions, ranging from the typical cheerleader sluts critical, judgmental and jealous gaze and smothering gaze of on looking jocks, to others which showed only curiosity. As Kale’s car rumbled away I looked over to Haley and the boys who were making their way towards me, Haley looking as cheerful and happy as usual, and the boys with a mixture of smirks and grins. It was as if the world had frozen, and then re-started again changing atmosphere completely. The eyes which had been focused on me,  turned to the new crowd rapidly approaching, they seemed to register who they were and then, they all just seemed to disperse and walk away only a few looking over their shoulders. Weird.

“Okay then, lets go and get your uniform!” Said Haley cheerfully appearing beside me and linking arms with mine. In no time at all I was being dragged off to what looked like the main office, then into it’s cool air conditioned foyer.”

“Good morning Haley!” Chirped the lady behind the desk from behind her magazine. The lady had soft mousey brown hair which was short and waved on top of her head. She had pearl earrings and a pair purple half moon glasses.

Haley gave a big smile, “Good morning Mrs Gates! How was your holiday?”

“It was great thank you. Bill got that boat he’s been wanting, and Jill had her baby!”

“Oh that’s fantastic, girl or boy!?” Gushed Haley a hand to her heart.

“A girl! Her name is Jasmine Ellanore Shrosbree.” Said Mrs Gates beaming with pride.

“What a beautiful name! Well, Mrs Gates, I would like you to meet Kaela.” Said Haley quickly changing subject and introducing me.

“…Hi.”

“Pleased to meet you Kaela!” Cried Mrs Gates holding out her hand.

“You too...” I said awkwardly shaking her hand.

The next couple of minutes flew by and before I knew it I had a handful off papers and had signed my life away filling in numerous forms. As soon as we’d finished Haley was  steering me out of the foyer.  She led me into a rectangular room with tall wooden shelves piled with neatly folded uniforms. At the back end of the room was a desk which behind, a lady sat. On either side of the desk were red curtains which behind I assumed were changing rooms.  “Hi Miranda! Can we please have try on a size 8 and 10 girls uniform please?” Smiled Haley.

“Of course.”

Miranda tottered over to a wooden shelf in her red heals, and black pencil skirt, and in no time had pressed a stack of folded uniforms into my arms. “I’ll just…I’ll just go try these on then.” I said ducking into the changing rooms.  Chucking my bag down on a white wooden bench I stripped out of my clothes and clambered into the size eight skirt. It wouldn’t zip up over my hips, so I had to try the 10. The school blouse was white with a small collar, and white buttons down the front. When I picked up the tie I sniggered. A tie…? Really?  It was in the school colours; red and white.

“Oh they fit nicely!” Said Haley when I appeared out of the changing room. “Size 10?”

“Yeah, the size eight skirt wouldn’t go over my hips and the  blouse…well..” I didn’t need to explain.

“Okay. Well Miranda we’ll have three size 10 skirts, and … Kaela how many blouses would you like?”

“Err… um two blouses ?” I said hitching my bag onto my back.

Once I had my uniform Haley began patrolling me to the lockers, hunting for locker number 302. As we walked down the bustling corridors of the school I could feel the eyes latching onto me. I usually loved my attention, but at the moment I wasn’t enjoying it that much my nerves were taking over.