Chapter 70

"You want all my loving right on by your side. Next to me. Next to me. Next to me OOoohhh Ouuuh la la la! Ohhh la la la la la la la la!"

Finishing off the final flick of my eyeliner, I was stood in my wardrobe half dressed wearing my school blouse and black tights. My hair had been exceptionally wild this morning, a ridiculous mess which was only just solved in a braid which swept over my shoulder. There were still a few loose curls which framed my face but you've got to work with what you've got, and I had messy hair today. Feeling a little more feminine than usual I dusted a light shade of pink eye shadow across my lids and then called it quits. Humming under my breath I dashed over to my desk searching for the tiny scrap of paper which had my timetable on. Paper fluttered to the floor in a discarded mess till I found it. It was already worn with torn corners and a million creases. I chucked my pencil case in my bag along with my incomplete homework which I was going to have to do at break. 
"Ouhhh la la la! Ohhh la la la!" I walked to the door.
"Skirt!" 
I turned round, my skirt sailing through the air towards me. "Oh my god." I groaned catching it. 
Once again nearly walking out half naked and not fully dressed. Kale rolled his eyes. He was sat on the bed fully dressed and waiting scrolling through his phone. 
"How is it that you are going to walk out without your skirt? Your fucking skirt, come on!" He groaned shaking his head at me a faint smile playing on his lips. 
I dropped my bag back on the chair and stepped into my skirt. 
"Oh my god, I really don't know." I laughed wiggling the skirt up over my hips. "See, maybe this is why I need a coffee in the mornings!"

"A coffee wouldn't help you if you've already left the house half naked." 

"Uh no maybe not"

Grabbing my bag we headed down to the kitchen.

Cupboards were banging closed and the kettle was boiling. "Seriously though the sheep actually flew over the supermarket and they started shitting on all the shopping carts, then there was this old lady -"

"Oh come on. I'm trying to eat."

"Flying shitting sheep are you serious!" 
Brody's loud laugh echoed through the room and Mitch nearly spat his breakfast back into his bowl. Dan shrugged his shoulders. "I know right!?"

I sniggered dumping my bag onto the sofa. "Flying sheep?"
Kale rolled his eyes walking past and into the kitchen.
 Hey it's not as weird as that other time when-"

"Oh shut up." Growled Jace screwing on the cap of his water bottle. 
"Woah who pissed in your cereal?"

"Dreams are cool man." Laughed Brody. 
"Fuck off."
Jace stomped off and the guys just laughed after him, the front door banging loudly. 
Pulling a face I pulled up a chair at the table and sat down. "He's bitchy this morning."

"You mean bitchier than usual." Mitch muttered picking up his glass and gulping down orange juice. 
Dan looked at me his eyes wide and eyebrows raised. "Yeah well you know what I heard last night?"

"Ohhhh..." Whispered Mitch picking up his dishes with a knowing look on his face.
"What?" I asked looking between them. "What happened?"
 Dan swallowed and crossed his arms on the table.

"Well last night-"

I noticed Dan's eyes looking past me and over my shoulder. "Wha-"
My eyes widened and I tried hard not to gape. She said nothing. Her face was pale and expressionless, she wore no makeup and looked far from normal. Tina walked straight past us and into the kitchen without a word. Our heads slowly turned our eyes locked on her in absolute astonishment. 'WHAT HAPPENED?' I mouthed at Dan.

"They had a fight." He whispered.
 "A massive fight." Whispered Mitch picking up his dishes and padding softly away. 
I slipped quietly off my chair following after him. Kale stood stooped over the counter buttering toast and Tina was slowly grabbing a cup from the cupboard. She moved robotically in stiff slow movements. Mitch tiptoed round her to put his stuff in the dishwasher nervously glancing at her every few seconds. I watched as she reached for the kettle, her slender hands shook as she poured the steaming hot water into a white porcelain mug. She wore charcoal grey sweat pants and a baggy jumper which I never thought Tina would own. When she turned round and her eyes met mine I felt a surge of empathy. Tired black circles weighted heavily beneath her eyes, without the disguise of makeup her skin was shades lighter and in the moment of it all she looked ghostly. Knotted blonde hair hung over her shoulders with the faintest remanence of what would have been no doubt perfect curls. Mitch past between us briskly and Kale turned round with his mouth full of toast. I could feel his critical stare as he looked at Tina and then at me. I stepped towards her, as soon as I placed one foot forward she flinched her hands trembling and the mug cradled in her hands. I reached out a hand. "Tina..."