Chapter 64

Shaun POV

Everything was black and white. Literally everything. Mixed black tile to marble floors, white walls, black walls, black grand piano, black lights, black showers, black toilets, white chairs – everything black and white.  I trudged slowly down the marble halls being careful not to knock anything over. The last time I’d wondered off trying to keep to myself I’d knocked over a stupidly expensive vase. In my attempt to hide it Marcus had caught me.  Then Trent found out and I couldn’t walk for three days. I was reluctant to believe that I’d been punished because of the vase, I knew it was more that Trent enjoyed seeing others suffer.

I shuddered.

Least it’d only been Adam who’d carried out the punishment. Trent seemed to enjoy testing him, we could all tell that besides me, Adam was the weakest.  But that didn’t mean we were friends or that he was okay , he’s a complete dick. They all were.

Only some of them had darker and meaner qualities than others. I’d been pondering over it for years now, who’s the worst, giving Trent the only exception. Nial was definitely the creepiest. He is one sick fuck.  Nothing slides past Nial unnoticed. Deon was the biggest and most intimidating easily, and Erick the most violent. 

All of them drink, half of them smoke, all of them bring girls home, all of them attack the innocent are violent, mean, and nasty. Then there’s me. Less back bone than a chicken...okay I’ll give myself some more credit, I’m not a chicken. But I’m definitely not as confident as these blokes.  I’m one of the only guys that didn’t join willingly. I never wanted any of this. My family was not one to follow council, but I wasn’t willing to risk the lives of my family and my baby sister so when Trent came knocking on my front door I couldn’t damn well say no.

I haven’t seen my family in two frigging years.

I still remember my baby sister Janey, and my mother’s crying face as I was head locked and dragged out of the house.

Rain pelted against the tall glass windows. The sky was dark and grey, it was shity as fuck weather. Trent didn’t want to see us until four, so I had another hour and half to kill.  My sneakers squeak across the floors as I scuff them lazily, my hands deep in the pockets of my black hoody. It was getting cold.  I stop in my tracks as I loud angry male roar sounded from somewhere downstairs. My ears twitched. There was the smashing of glass and loud yells.

I swallowed and carried on . This was another reason why I was upstairs and not down there. It was an every night occurrence. Drinking, pool table games and entertainment, but not for me.

Breathing a sigh I looked up at the large modern framed artworks on the walls. It was mash of 3D shapes in different variation tones of grey, white and black. Somehow this is worth $2,600. I gave an unimpressed snort , shaking my head.

Art.

My gaze was broken at the sound of a door opening somewhere nearby.  I froze.

It was her.

Her ice cold gaze pierced through my skull as she looked my way. My mouth went dry.

The painted crimson red lips curled in a smirk.

My gaze accidentally slipped from hers and followed the curve of her tall modelesque body trailing down the skin tight white long dress. I took in the slim curves of her breasts and the soft curve of her hips. My eyes stopped at the split in the fabric which revealed the ivory skin of her upper thigh.

“Like what you see?” She whispered carefully pronouncing each syllable.

My heart pounded in my chest as my eyes snapped back up to hers. Shit.