Chapter Thirty

“Right.” Said Haley sitting up and slapping her hands on the couch. “I’m going to make some lunch.”

“I’ll help!”

“No no no. You stay put there missy.” Haley said wagging her finger at me mockingly.

I stuck my tongue out at her and crossed my arms over my chest with a scowl on my face. I looked back up at Haley and we both laughed.

“Ehhhh” Yawned Harry from over in one of the arm chairs. “I’m tired.”

“Whatever you’ve done like nothing all day!” Said Ben dismissing him with a wave of his hand but looking very guilty.

“Me! I’ve been painting! And I’m not the one who slept in till eleven!”

They argued a little more and I just blocked them out and gazed into empty space.

“Cooeee earth to Kaela” Mumbled Kale in a bored tone waving his arms about in my gazing spot.

It was annoying to say the least when that happened. You’re just harmlessly gazing at a particular spot quite happy and at peace. Then some little bugger just decides to wake you up by waving their hands, arms, or objects in your face disrupting and otherwise breaking your daydream bubble snapping you back to reality!

“Piss off!” I mumbled lightly slapping his arms out the way.

I tried to get back into quiet space of daydream but it’d already flown far far away.

Grumbling I sat up on the couch and shuffled to the middle of the couch so I could get up without stepping on Kale.

“Where you going?” Asked Kale suspiciously.

“To see what a crap job you guys have done at painting my room.” I smirked.

“Hey!” Piped Mouse.

I walked out the room and down the corridors to my bedroom. I gave a loud sigh and smiled. It was perfect. I had dark ‘grape juice’ purple as stated on the paint cans, coloured walls only one of them a deep velvety crimson as my feature wall. I loved it. Two of my favourite colours. I felt a buzz of excitement rush through me at the prospect of finalizing my room. I knew it was going to take what would seem like forever, but when it’s done *sigh. I looked at the mass of furniture, boxes and plastic bags in the center of my room covered under a paint splattered once white, sheet of cotton. It was hard trying to remember the  number of items, trinkets and objects that had actually been bought and I couldn’t wait to open a carrier bag and start going through to see what I had and then place it were I wanted it. Then I’d be shuffling things around and re-arranging things so that they were just perfect. After a few weeks I’d probably do it all over again and put my bed against another wall, and swop shelves for different corners of the room. Ah the joys of being a woman.

A sudden thought popped into my head as I remember Ryan glaring at me and storming out of the room after catching me . . . ‘daydreaming’ over Kale’s scent. God that sounds weird.  He’d been really …grumpy. The inquisitive cat inside me flicked her fail her ears twitching . I couldn’t help but obey.

I left my room and walked back down the corridor to where it branched. Using my nose I tested each door that I past waiting to catch a whiff of Ryan. When strong scents of sandalwood and ­­­freshly cut grass surged up my nose making me want to sneeze.

“Ryan…?!” I called knocking on his door lightly. I waited , and there was no response.

“Ryan..!?!”

I opened the door slowly. His room was incredibly boyish so as you can imagine it was in a bit of a mess. Clothes lay strewn across the floor with a couple of books and techno magazines, CD cases, paper etcetera etcetera .  Ryan however was not there. “Huh…” Muttered.  I walked out of his room and shut the door behind me. Where is he?