Chapter 67

My eyes blinked open to a wash of blurred colour, sound of the room all merging together at once in a nonsensical jumble. I could feel the ground beneath my head as a tingling of warmth began to fill my toes and spread back through my body. Bright lights from the ceiling spun round the room as my head settled back to reality and my eyes adjusted to the grey eyes looking down at me.
“Kaela? Kaela are you alright?”

“They’re coming round.”
My head swum as I tried to concentrate on where I was.  Fog clung to the inside of my skull as I fought my way back to the present. Trent’s voice was on replay round my head and I could still feel his eyes and the burned mark they felt to have left at the back of my skull. My heart pounded and my neck gave a sharp twinge as my head snapped upwards. “Kale?” I croaked my voice dry and sore.
Anxiousness twitched through me and I struggled to force my heavy limbs into action. 
“Woah slowly!” Someone cautioned a warm hand resting on my back and guiding me to my feet. I shrugged them off despite wobbling as the room gave another lurch at my sudden movement.
“HOLD HIM DOWN!” A voice shouted.
Kale was splayed on his back and several figures were crouched around him as his body shook and then bucked into movement as he blindly tried to fight them off.  I suddenly felt cold and fear clenched round my heart and nausea at the sight of him lying that way.
 A deep and loud roar erupted from Kale’s mouth and his wild eyes flew open. His body shook as he sucked in deep rasping gasps.
“Son…of..a bitch!”
My skin prickled with goosebumps.
His eyes met mine and I felt my body waver in relief that he was alright. My knees quaked and sudden exhaustion fell heavy on my shoulders.  Kale stubbled to his feet pushing them out of the way. He stumbled into me wrapped his strong powerful arms around me pressing me tightly against him.
I sank against him closing my eyes and just taking a moment to simply breathe.
“So…What happened?” Murmured James.
I opened my eyes as Kale released me leaving a steady arm securely around me as we opened up and faced the others.  “Bottom line is, Trent knows we’re bonded.”
James’ brows furrowed in confusion and horror. “What how the fuck does he know that?”
“How? Like does he have super powers and shit?” Jace scoffed.  His voice sounded almost sarcastic and like he wasn’t taking us seriously but his face told a different story. Tense his eyes were concerned and if I knew any better I’d say he was a little freaked out.
“Don’t be ridiculous Jace, of course he doesn’t have super powers.” Groaned Harry.
“Well you come up with a fucking answer smart ass!” Jace fired back.

“Look,” I snapped, “As far as we know, there isn’t an explanation. Not a scientific or factual one.” I swallowed my throat still dry and sore.
“Trent could already sense my presence when ever I went into a vision. Kale has also been present in all of them, only both Trent and I couldn’t sense it.
Harry stared at me curiously, Jace just looked confused.
“ So…now that we’re bonded” I murmured as links  of reasoning began to fit together in my head. “…. I guess because of the new psychic links, it would only stand to reason - no, probability -  that Trent would be able to sense Kale’s presence.”
My voice quickened as the only explanation I had began to make more sense. “ I mean, I can like hear Kale’s voice inside my head now and sense his moods - which now happens in the visions.”
Harry looked thoughtful. “Hmmm yes, but that doesn’t answer why you have these visions and the link with Trent in the first place.”
“Well no…”
“Shit that’s just fucked up.” Groaned Jace folding his arms tightly across his chest.  Tina looked at me scrutinising me with a weird look upon her face.
Annoyance bloomed.
“Well at least this is a start for why this-“ 

Harry then interrupted me, “Did something happen between you and Trent which could have started this strange connection.”
I prickled with anger in the way Harry had asked the question and what it insinuated. “What the fuck do you mean, ‘Did something happen between us’ , he’s a fucking psycho, his farther murdered my parents. For all I know Trent wants me dead! So fuck you, NO, NOTHING HAPPENED!”
Kale let out a low dangerous growl next to me as we both glared at Harry fuming. Kale’s muscles bulged and my hand gripped his arm as he debated in pounding Harry into the nearest wall.
“Woah, look I’m sorry! I’m sorry! Look it was just a-“
“Eugh, just save it Harry! I’m not in the mood for you being an insensitive prick!” I hissed storming past him and leaving the room.