Chapter 32

After taking no more than 5 steps out the door I heard the squeak of leather as Kale got up from his chair.  I couldn’t help but smile to myself as his determined footsteps got closer.

“Kaela…!”

 I promptly ignored him and carried on walking aimlessly my finger curled round a lock of my new black hair. It was a hot sunny day with blue skies and barely any clouds, with a lovely breeze carrying the scents of the outdoors. My fingers twitched as a tease of adrenaline spiked through my veins. I knew what I wanted. Inhaling deeply I walked a little faster and then began to jog ignoring an angry yell from Kale close behind me.

Running now I breathed deeply and closed my mind from all around me.  I opened my eyes just as I plunged through the bush and into the forest the smell of earth, bark, and pollen filling my nostrils. Kale was coming up closer behind me only a couple of meters away, and the closing gap between us brought excitement chorusing through my body.  It was everything I loved; the outdoors, adrenaline, the excitement of being chased but with no true fear that would spike horror in my heart.  I glanced over my shoulder at Kale who was now only a few short breaths behind me, and grinned wildly at his resolute expression.  My heart gave a wild leap as I felt his speed increase; I knew if he really wanted to that he would have caught me by now if he really needed too.  Pushing my body to move faster I gave a wild laugh and gave a huge leap into the air. My body soared through the air at speed the air whipping at my face and whistling past my ears. My stomach dropped as I descended downwards back to the ground where I landed lightly and jogged forward a little before turning round to see where Kale was.

As soon as I’d turned a hurtling body flew through the air towards me and I gave a little shriek as it landed silently in front of me. My chest rose up and down quickly, lightly brushing the taught strong chest in front of me. Inhaling the strong masculine smell that was forever making me light headed, my eyes traveled upwards to his shoulders, then to his strong jaw covered with light black stubble. His sculpted curving lips, cheekbones, and then his smoky dark turquoise eyes.  Kale cocked his head to the side a little as he gazed down at me, his rough hand gently brushing a wild strand of black hair out of my face.  His fingers left a light flush of pink on my cheeks which caused him to chuckle lowly.  Kale’s hand came back slowly, this time cupping my face his other hand slipping round my waist and pulling me towards him my breasts pressed against him. Our lips met slowly at first as we each got our first taste, before our hunger grew into a fiery passion that consumed us both. My arms wrapped around his neck holding him to me afraid that he’ let go. Kale’s scent filled my nostrils and set my mind at ease but yet enraged my body with elation driving me into a frenzy. I was on the tips of my toes moving my lips slowly down his jaw then trailing down his neck.

Kale’s hands slid further up my waist his fingers gently brushing just below my breasts, his hands widely spread holding me firmly too him. His hot breath was in my ear as he gently nipped my earlobe. Kale’s heat increased as we both raced to keep up with each other. Under my hands I could feel Kale’s muscles shifting under his t-shirt as his arms coiled around me tighter restricting any means of retreat. The knowledge of Kale’s restricted strength and power beneath his skin put me on edge and gave a sudden thrill of excitement that I was growing to love. With two hands beneath my thighs I was hoisted up to him my legs wrapping securely round his waist.

For a moment or two we just gazed transfixed, our foreheads pressed together gazing eye to eye for once. He let out a short breath before closing his eyes and breathing in my scent deeply. I gazed at his closed eyes and watched as they snapped open again taking my breath away; they were somehow different; darker, smokier, sexier, and determined. I felt his lips twitch as they curved upwards, I grinned wickedly enjoying every moment. Suddenly we were moving backwards until my back hit the trunk of a tree, Kale pinning me there his gaze still locked onto mine. His head shifted to the side as he breathed outwards his hot breath fanning my neck sending chilling shivers up my spine. I closed my eyes and leant my head backwards resting it on the bark of the tree. “So..” He whispered huskily.“Do you want to play little puss?”