[C.47] A Friend Or A Foe

• A U T H O R ' S P. O. V •

Snickers and glares.

Those were one of the many nasty things that greeted them when they entered the enemy's territory.

Or my future territory. Seulgi inwardly scoffed with bitterness.

Seulgi was certain that if it weren't for the presence of the unconscious nine girls, she and Byulyi would have already been torn to pieces by the scowling residents of the dark.

The girl looked around and observed their surroundings and as seconds pass by, an eerie feeling eventually settled in the depths of her stomach as they maneuvered themselves through the thick bushes and tall, brooding trees. The place was completely devoid of any positivity and light, because it was rather intimidating and scary. Even though Seulgi was basking under the faint coat of light provided by the millions of stars littered throughout the pitch black night sky, she couldn't find it in herself to summon the usual satisfying warmth that would automatically bloom in her chest every time she and her friends look up at a starry sky.

It was just different, its aura to be exact. The feeling she gets from being within the walls of the four kingdoms and the dark realm were polar opposites that's for sure.

When they finally reached the main gate that leads to the dark castle, they were immediately blocked by crossed spears held by two guards.

Seulgi glanced at Byulyi, who nodded at her before once again diverting her attention to the guard.

"We're here to see the dark lord."

But they received no response whatsoever, which triggered the mono-eyed woman slightly. This action caused her to gesture towards the unconscious nine girls.

The two guards squinted their eyes at the objects by the end of Seulgi's jutted thumb, and widened their eyes when they recognized who they were.

It was the princesses, their princesses.

The two shared a knowing look and cleared a path for the girls, before following them in suit just in case they had any hidden intentions. As two more guards filled in for their positions in front of the main gate, the two main ones continued lead the way to the throne room where their lord was staying.

° ° °

"Well look who we have here, if it isn't one of Enchancia's most trusted warriors, Kang Seulgi." The dark lord's lips tugged upwards into a menacing smirk, his overwhelmingly playful aura never failing to secretly iritate the aforementioned woman. "It's a surprise to see you here, what could possibly be so important that the kings and queens sent you out of all people here."

Seulgi bit back a nasty remark before looking at the person sitting on the throne with emotionless eyes, "I came here on my own accord, Hyunsuk."

"Oh?" This statement definitely piqued the dark lord, or Hyunsuk's curiosity, if a moment ago he was only semi interested by what she had to say, now his full undivided attention was directed to her.

Seeing Hyunsuk's raised brows, and the obvious suspicion gleaming in his eyes, Seulgi started to talk to him about her true intentions of why she came here, and by the end of her speech, she let a few silent curses escape her lips when she saw that the dark lord was not convinced in the slightest.