[C.43] Dark Visions

• A U T H O R ' S  P. O. V •

In the middle of the quiet night, under the soft and silver glow of the moonlight reflecting through the large windows, lays an anxious and fear-stricken Seokjin. His eyes were screwed shut, his breathing became ragged, and beads of sweat started to multiply on his milky skin, which one by one soon trickled down his forehead. The white sheets of the bed became hostage under Seokjin's fingers as he gripped onto them tightly due to the scenarios flashing through his head, scenarios he'd rather not witness to be quite specific.

Once again, he was having one of his visions, his own exclusive previews of the inevitable future, and this one was oddly dark. The boy haven't had visions this disturbing for a long time, but then again it may be because of the war they were yet to engage in.

So as always, it was as if he was there where it was happening, but the only thing is he couldn't take control over his body and was only left there to watch helplessly, a thing he really hated.

Seokjin looked around and was rendered speechless when he found out that his vision was taking place in the palace of the Dark Realm. His attention was soon diverted to a sound of a girl crying, with his eyes widening even more in surprise after seeing Yeri kneeling on the floor with bruises all over her body, pleading to a woman standing in front of her with a dagger in her hands.

"Unnie, d-don't do this p-please." Yeri pleaded as she struggled in the chains that held her hands captive. "Why would you even want to prove your worth to them?!" The girl shouted while glaring at the Dark Lord, who only looked back at her with a satisfied and amused expression from his throne.

The other woman's back was facing Seokjin, and he can't afford to move and take a look at her face so he couldn't put a name on her figure. But soon, chills ran down his spine when he heard the woman speaking, her voice awfully familiar.

"My parents were killed because of them!" The woman bursted out in anger, "It's fortunate that I realized I was joining the wrong side before it was too late."

Yeri sobbed, "But w-we thought you already moved on? You said you're okay now that you still have us, you said it was okay-"

"I was lying! It's not okay!" The namless person raged, her eyes starting to brim with tears, but she wiped them off harshly before more could have the chance to flow out.

Yeri looked down. She didn't want to look at her unnie's once happy and cheerful eyes be replaced with fiery resentment and dark intentions. It was too much for the young girl to see the woman she looked up to turning out this way.

It hurts her. A lot.

"So I'm sorry, Yerim." The woman said, though her facade wavered for a millisecond, the smirk still became consistent on her face as she raised the dagger in the air. "But this is for the greater good. Say hello to mother and father for me."

"Don't!" Seokjin yelled despite knowing that his words will only be silent nothings, it was just a dream of the unchangeable future after all.

At this point, Yeri didn't even try to restrict her tears anymore.

"No!" Seokjin and Yeri's dread filled shout chorused.