[C.3] The Book

• L I S A ' S  P. O. V •

The next day, the majority of the students were buzzing about Seulgi unnie's sudden disappearance, because at this age I guess you really couldn't help but let your curiosity win you over.

Maybe because we three were all preoccupied with the book we weren't really able to visit the library like we usually do, and the last time we saw her was when we borrowed the book then days later which was our next visit, she's suddenly gone without saying as much as a word to anyone not even to the principal. But I heard that they found a replacement surprisingly fast enough which explains the scene that greeted us yesterday.

"Go get 'em, you troublemakers."

Those words were said to us three in a playful manner when we complained about our academics to her, we were going to head home after borrowing the book when she cheered us on for our exam which was scheduled for the next day, but we would have never thought that they were going to be her last spoken words to us since she disappeared.

"Where could she possibly go?" Chaeyoung's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"I don't know, but it must be a very urgent matter for her to leave without saying a word." Jisoo unnie guessed.

"It's only been a day but I already miss her." I said as I slumped further into my seat. The three of us really grew close to her since the first day she was assigned to be one of the school librarians, so it was a shame that we won't be able to see her for a while, heck we weren't even sure if we'll ever see her again judging by the way she just suddenly disappeared.

"Yeah, me too." The two of them said in unison with the same saddened tone.

"Kim Jisoo, Park Chaeyoung, and Lalisa Manoban!" Our teacher's voice boomed throughout the classroom causing the three us of to sit straight up. I was sure we looked like we were hit by a lightning bolt by how fast we straightened back up on our seats.

Well woops, I genuinely forgot that we were even in class. "Is that matter very important that you talk about it instead of listening to my class?" Ms. Lee firmly said with a raised brow as she now faced our direction, hands on her hips.

Oh no, we triggered her. She was using that tone and plus she was doing the whole hands on hips thing, so I know that this won't end well.

"We're sor—"

"No, I'm not having any of that. You three have been talking for a while now that I couldn't let it slide anymore."

Is this leading to what I'm thinking about? Wait no, no, no, please no—

"Detention." Ms. Lee's dreadful words cut my thoughts off.

My eyes widened, come on no fair! We don't usually act like this in class but Seulgi unnie's disappearance just can't seem to leave our poor minds alone no matter how hard we try. We got carried away and got a little loud so okay, I admit that we have our faults but was she only looking at us? Other students were literally talking too.

Of course I decided to keep that last thought to myself though, I really don't want to trigger Ms. Lee more because she honestly looked like she could impersonate that one red character from Inside Out by the way she was restraining herself from exploding, one wrong move and we'll probably receive an even worse punishment than detention.