[C.46] Twist Of Events

• A U T H O R ' S  P. O. V •

"Seulgi-unnie? Your brother said you looked for us?" Nayeon asked the girl as soon as she and the rest entered the main hall but she only received silence. Seulgi currently had her back turned against them so they didn't know what was causing her to delay her response. Three pairs of eyes were fixated on her, while the rest had theirs roaming around the interior of the palace as it was the first time they saw it.

Seulgi's lips pursed into a thin line before facing them and answering, "The queen suggested that I take you girls on a tour, how does that sound? Ever since the princesses arrived here months ago, it seemed that I suddenly became a tour guide of some sort." The girl laughed, showing her eyesmile as the other girls squealed in delight, also making them forget about the weird incident earlier. As soon as they digested the information that was given to them a few minutes prior, their skepticism and fear was pushed aside and was replaced by the excitement of exploring things that are very much new to them.

Sure there was still fear there, but they decided to worry about that later on as they were informed that as much as possible, the nine of them will be hidden from everybody's knowledge, and most especially from their father.

"Really? But how about that training unnie mentioned earlier? Shouldn't we at least learn to defend ourselves a little?" Dahyun asked with furrowed brows once they settled down and controlled their excitement.

"You guys always lag behind P.E. you should know that by now." Chaeyoung deadpanned.

That silenced the guilty looking girls, who all had sheepish smiles plastered onto their faces.

Seulgi shook her head in amusement and clapped her hands, gathering all their attention "So, shall we?"

The rest nodded eagerly in excitement before following the girl in suit in exiting the premises.

Meanwhile, as they left the palace grounds, Yeri just happened to pass by as they did. With curiosity getting the best of her and knitted brows, she asked herself, "Where are they going?"

She knew that she should be heading back to the academy already, but she couldn't pass out on the opportunity of following her unnie and the daughters of the dark. Between the five of them, it was mostly Seulgi and Irene who were entrusted with solo expeditions and missions.

Yeri bit her lip as she considered the situation.

After a few seconds of contemplation, she shook her head and turned around, deciding to be decent for once this day, but as she took the first step she immediately halted. Yeri mentally cursed her own stubbornness because she thinks that that certain mentality was stronger at influencing her today.

She sighed, but smirked a few seconds later as she quietly and stealthily started to follow the group ahead, making sure that nobody will notice her.

The young dorthorian can already hear Irene's unending naggings in her head, but she'll think about how to get away with that later.

° ° °

"Unnie? Why is it dark so suddenly?" Momo asked out loudly, but Seulgi remained weirdly unfazed.

Chaeyoung internally agreed with what Momo just said, she didn't know what it is, but as they walked further inside the forest the more she felt something brewing inside of her.