CHAPTER 6

Socorro Ricks

It's already three in the morning, but sleep didn't came to me. My mom's words stuck on my mind. Wondering what does she mean and why she's not favor in me going there.

Is there any reason for her to act like that. For her to prevent my plans. Note that this is the first time she interfer I into my decisions.

" What's with the Philippines that she doesn't want me to see and being scared. Does it have concerns about her, or me? But that's impossible because as far as I know Mom never stepped her foot in that land. "

I look up to the ceiling while forming some scenario that might happened before that connects to that country.

Unfortunately I was interrupted into my deep thoughts when I heard a knock from my door.

I took a deep breath while I get up from my comfy bed and headed to the door.

I looked to the peephole if who it was even it's just me and Bry who live here. There's nothing wrong in double checking right. And it's for the best.

It was Bry wearing her night gown.

I lazily twisted the doorknob and pulled it widely for her to get inside of my room.

" Still up? ", She stated stated the obvious. I rolled my eyes at her and dropped myself back on my bed.

" As you can see bitch. ", I hissed.

She made herself comfortable and sat on my vanity chair. Worry is all evident to her face.

I gave her my questioning look and little of concern. " What's with the look Bry care to share? "

She shook her head and gave me her reassuring smile. I wasn't convince though.

" I can't accompany you to the trip...... ", She was a bit emotional. Alone tear escaped her eyes. She bite her lower lip then wiped her tears.

My recent expression fade as I saw her in that state. This girl in front of me was far different from the usual.

I never saw her being vulnerable. She was a type of girl that always fight even in a wrong chances nor situation. She always made me cheer everytime I'm down and broke. She gave me the love and attention that my mom can't give.

I consider her as my sister because I felt that way to her. I get up once again and approach her with open arms.

" Bry what's wrong? You know I'm all ears right? ", I cooed and caress her back to give her comfort.

She hugged me back and leaned her head over my shoulder blade.

" In no time Coco I will tell you everything but for now I want it to keep to myself. ", She said in a weak tone, tightening her hug. As much as I want to protest but not in a situation like this. For now I will be her comfort zone to give back the good deeds she gave me.

" If that what you want but if you change your mind don't hesitate to tell me. ", I remind her as she pulled away.

I pouted as Im watching her fixing her top that was partly risen.

This girl is really amazing now I envy the way she handle her own problem while me I can't to the dame.

It's just that I'm good in acting. Faking what's truly my emotion was.

" Mom doesn't want me to go either. ", I forced a small smile and faking what does I really felt again.

She look at me in confusion. " And why? "

I shrugged my shoulders and returned to my bed as her eyes followed my every move. " Stay here and let's watch Netflix. "

She nodded and went to my flat screen TV and chose a movie for us to watch.

It was a Filipino Movie " Unbreakable ". If not with the subtitle we wouldn't dare to watch foreign language.

After a minutes we are half way of the movie when I felt sleepy and sooner I drifted to sleep.

Not even thought to check Bry.
______________________________________

Ten AM

Beep. Beep. Beep

I groaned then rolled over to reach the alarm clock from my bed's left side cabinet pressing it's upper button for it to stop making noise. I get up removing my eye patch.

I headed to the bathroom to do my morning rituals and came out feeling fresh again but a little sleepy honestly. Now I do regret sleeping late.

" Coco, David our building's messenger is looking for you. ", I heard the voice of Bry against the door.

I stand there for awhile thinking what  does he need to me.

~ Coco he must got you something he's a mail man have you forgotten idiot? ~

My subconscious said which made me agree instantly. Probably someone sent me a mail. Then from who?

Honestly I never given a mail since I moved out to Mom's house and that was when Grandma and Grandpa died. All my mails is directed to Mom first.

In short she will be the one to check it first before me. It's so annoying right? But who I am to protest. According to her I'm just her daughter so be it.

I grabbed my silky robe that reached over my thigh that matching my Victoria's nighties. My hair is a little messy but it's fine it will still look good to me. I went outside my room barefoot not even bother to wear flats regretting it so soon as my feet contacted to the cold marble tile.

Descending from the stairs I saw Bry in the living room working on her laptop and tea beside it.

" Paper works? ", I asked and he muttered a ' yes ' as for her response.

I looked around to find David but he's nowhere to be found.

" He's outside. I offered him to come inside but he refused. ", She said without looking at me she must noticed that I'm looking for David.

" What does he want? ", I questioned wishing she could give me a reason.

" I don't know, when I asked him he just keep his mouth shut. He's suspicious though. ", Her observation made me cringed.

" Do you think I should face him? "

From then she threw me a glance but not that long, she also returned back her attention to her laptop.

" You think. It's you who's he looking for. ", Her statement earned a short nod from me.

" Then I'll go. ", I said in a lazy tone then headed to the doorway opening it widely.

There David standing in a tense expression.

" You're looking for me? ", I enquired in a polite manner.

His eyes refused to meet mine. Sweats of bullets form to his temple even his neck. I wonder what's wrong with this guy. I could sense his breathing is not even as if there's something stuck into his airway.

" Are you ok David? ", I asked in concern with a bit loud that made him shifted to the spot where he is standing. Now he look agitated.

" H-here's t-the mail.....Ms. S-Ricks. ", The way he stuttered made me more intrigued.

Since when he addressed me with my last name. Where I told him years ago that he doesn't need to be formal since he's a bit older than me. That's why we're on a first name basis.

Before I could spat a rant he handed me an envelope before he strode quickly not even bid a good bye.

I look down to what I'm holding. I tore the envelope for me to see what's inside of it.

My nose filled with it's scent. I brought the scented paper to my nose and inhaled it to savour it's fragrance.

I giggled then flip it open yo see what's inside of it.

~Hello babygirl~

LADYKITTEL