PROLOGUE

Socorro Ricks

I'm hugging my knees as I sat here at the edge of this room. Where in no ray of light can touch my skin. The thick curtains blocked the passageway of the sunlight coming from the outside.

My forehead was rested on my knees to hide the tears that continuously trickling down my cheeks.

In two months being locked here I learned to cry in silent so no one can hear me, especially to the man I feared. I let tears fall down no sob can be heard. Once he heard my soft cries he will stormed inside here furious and hit me until I will lost my conscious.

That's what I'm afraid of.

Bruises were all over my body every time he's done hitting me with his bare hands. And I could see lot of purple and greenish marks when I gained my conscious.

I'm not weak I'm just protecting myself to whatever he might do. I should've  fight more until I'll become free from his grip though if I could only turn back the time.

I felt invalid cause I can't do anything. I can't even move even just for a second. My muscles refused to move knowing I was terribly beaten by my captor.

Who I thought that would love me. But life sucks. I believed in lucks seemed that I'm lack of lucks cause I was captured by......... the man I thought who'll love me.
______________________________________

The chirping sounds of birds calms my nerve as I listen to them every morning just like today. It's give relaxation. I wonder if there was a tree near my window which serve as their usual spot.

Way back when I haven't met Exur. I used to go to amusement park where birds usually pass by. Hearing their small unique sounds makes me smile and most important it drove away my anxiety.

But now I doubt it. My anxiety is getting worse, I can't sleep much. I always woke up during midnight and from then I can't resume my pending sleep. I'm awake until morning sunrise come and luckily sleep will come to me at the afternoon. But it last only for an hour. It's quite miracle if I will consume more than an hour on sleeping.

I jotted on my seat when I heard the doorknob made noise. Someone twisting it from the outside for her or him to get inside this room.

My heart started pounding rapidly that I could hear it's beat from my chest. I'm terrified thinking who it is and what they want from me.

How I wish it wasn't him or else I will be tasting his wrath again that I'm dozed enough not wanting for more.

Can't he just spare me. Let me be alone even just for a day cause damn I'm tired. Wanting to rest is winning but........who am I to complain if everything happens my word won't needed.

My bruises just healed from his beating and I can't take for more. Rest is what my soul and body needs.

" Good morning love. Did sleep became good to you?", He enquired as I heard foot steps coming near me.

To my dismay by hearing his baritone voice I didn't gave him my answer. I stayed still. My head rested over my knees and my arms hugging it tight.

He still have the guts to ask even in the first place it's his fault why my sleep became distant to me.

I flinched as I felt his disgusting fingers caressing my knuckles which I'm clenching.

" Why does it hard for you to obey me? After all it's been a month love since you started living here under my roof. Why does it hard for me to tame you for good? ", He said more on stating the fact.

" Treat me the way you used to baby then everything will be al-- ", I cut him off looking at him in repugnance.

" Do you hear what you saying? How could I do that after what you've done to me. You're treating me as if I don't have life to cause. ", I whispered enough for him to hear what I said. I want to burst because of what he said but I chose to hold back, since it won't give me any good.

Silence. That's only thing I noticed.

I raised my head and search for his gaze. Once our eyes met I plastered a force smile on my face.

" Look at me...... I was abused by you as if you have a right to.. Don't you know how does I feel, I feel useless...... wanting to end my life.. "

His jaw clenched and threw me his sharp eyes shouting danger as his eyes darkened.

" That's what people got every time they refuses me and unfortunately you're doing the same thing! ", he seethed through gritted teeth.

I looked away. I couldn't maintain looking into his eyes that long. I felt weak everytime I had a chance to look at him.

" I'm tired just please.... Please let me go home let me back to New York. I suffered a lot from you since I got here... You think I deserve this all shit? ", I pleaded.

I did it even knowing he wouldn't listen to me. At least I'm trying. I will always plead for my freedom until he grant my wish. Hoping he would.

" But this is our damn home! ", He shouted which made me flinched.

I'm scared as always everytime he shouted. And my growing hope crush instant. I goosebumps easily after hearing him growled.

" You don't have any idea about so called home and I pity you. This isn't a home..... there is a huge differences of a home and hell! ". I said quite very unexpected because of the braveness I had in talking back to him.

This was the first time I talked back to him. And again I was surprised he didn't hit me.

" But this is our kingdom. ", He then again said sounding vulnerable.

" It's your kingdom Exur. This isn't mine. Will never be mine. ", I stated and once again turned my gaze to him.

It confused me of what I saw. His dark emotion replaced by softness he looks like a lost child. Pain was visible to his eyes as he looked at me.

As if he was hurt not me.

I pity him but somehow I washed out that emotion. After remembering what he did to me.

All the beatings he inflicted. Every wounds he gave to me. And all the tears I wasted.

If you are going to asked me if, should I be guilty.

No right. He should be the one to feel that emotion towards me if I'm not mistaken.

He caused me nightmares which always haunt me, one of the reason why I couldn't sleep in peace.

My anxiety is getting worse and it drives me insane.

I'm hoping that it will end soon and so on with my life.

LADYKITTEL