CHAPTER 47

Soccoro Ricks

Somehow I am grateful for the confrontation I had with Veron because the fear I felt earlier has been replaced with annoyance. I can now say that I can face him with lesser fear. The urge to confront him is so strong wanting me to hit him so bad, for him to realize he couldn't take two girls at the same time. Not when he's commiting himself to me. Yeah I hate him but that doesn't mean I'll let him make me like a fool. Why couldn't he just let me leave if it seems like something is going on between him and that girl right?

I can't deny that I was hurt by the part where she said Exur treasures her and it's keep on repeating to my head like what the f*ck. What's the point of him wanting to be with me if he already treasure that girl? Why couldn't I have been enough? Even though we don't have a formal relationship, I can say that there was a connection between me and Exur. It can't be said that we're nothing because the evidence is his stay in my house and the way we acted as if we had a relationship.

I hoped that he was the one back then, I set aside my fears, and I trust him when he said he would be safe from the person who threatened me, and for that, I am thankful because that stalker is no longer bothering me. Unfortunately what I got in return was suffering. If I only pursue leaving him, am I still in this kind of situation?

As I entered the room, the darkness envelops us, good thing with the help of the open balcony, some light managed to enter from the party where the lights were on. Silence greeted me, which worried me.

I would prefer if he would lash out into anger whenever I did something he didn't like cause that's how he is, instead of being so quiet because I don't know what to do or say. I don't know how to reach out. I don't have the strength to break the deafening silence. And he's more scary when he's silent cause I don't know what's going in his mind.

As I stood there for a few minutes, I observed his every move. His hair was messy, and some buttons of his shirt were undone.

From what I saw, my heart ached again at the thought that they did something. It's just a painful feeling. I want to lose control and confront him, but eventually I restrain myself because he might throw it back at me that I have no right. And it would be more painful along with embarrassment.

Even though my heart is hurting from what I am seeing, I force myself to sit across from him on the sofa. From my position, I noticed the laptop beside him, it was open, and a bottle of Jack Daniel's, almost halfway finished, which he must have been drinking for a while placed into the mini table.

Now I couldn't help but to wonder again, If I hadn't arrived, what could they possibly be doing? If I were to catch them, I could use it as a reason to leave yeah, but the thought of them doing something suspicious is like a dagger to my heart. I can't handle it.

I'd rather let him leave me than seeing him too close to Veron skin to skin.

As the silence lingered between us, I mustered the courage to break the tension. " E-exur, we need to talk.", I said, my voice quivering slightly.

Exur's eyes narrowed, and his expression turned into a mix of anger and frustration. " Talk? Now you want to talk? Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what you've put me through? ", He snapped, his voice dripping with bitterness. This is he's usual behavior when he's angry yet I can sense that he's holding back.