CHAPTER 38

Socorro Ricks

Wife. What does a wife usually do? What's the responsibility of a wife?

One thing I surely know, it's a serious matter that shouldn't be use as a joke, it's a huge stage for a every couple wanting to level up the relationship they has. People particularly to women, they take it seriously as it should be that way, it wasn't easy. Not to forget the next chapter they're entering and the scary commitment.

It takes time to think of it, considering the pros and cons especially being a wife is a full-time duty and a life time of course you'll assess yourself first if you can do it. It wasn't like you're just going to choose a nail polish for your nails. There should be a deep planning and must be determined, ready to take all the responsibility it'll cause.

However I can't picture out myself being one. It doesn't suit me. I'm too young for it. I never planned being a wife to someone, I'm more preferred being alone. I've tasted how does it feel to have someone to hold and lean on.

Apparently I never felt satisfied. I'm always left alone despair, trying to put together my shattered self, without assurance that I heal and if I ever I will succeed yet there's the scar left serving as warn for me to look at every time I'm on the verge of giving in again. And so stupid for never learning from the experience I had, I became thirsty, greedy.

Why I was even thinking of it tho as if I'm going to agree.

Hell no.

I've made up my mind. I had enough and I don't want to be fool again who knows if this is one of his tricks again, I'm not that stupid to fall into his traps again. Or is he really?

Damn that preposition. Look where it got me.

" What made you conclude that I'll agree marrying an asshole like you? Where you've gotten that nerve to spit it out? Even just thinking of it my stomach churned. ", I couldn't help but to mocked wanting to see his reaction so keen how he'll handle my stubborn side.

He remained stoic his reaction didn't  even change.

" You don't have to insult me, slapping directly on my face how disgusted you are for being my wife. I'm an asshole I admit it for getting back on you when I found out that you lied, keeping things from me. Where in the first hand I don't have the right.... I'm just nothing, no one to you what would I expect? ", He tonelessly stated, sending chills to me. " I don't have a hold from you, and it scares me that one day you'll leave me. "

I blinked for several times not expecting him to say such words. His words struck me. He's coming from something and there's our common apprehension. Never thought that we're both scared of one reason.

However for me not anymore, I already accepted it. Just like what I said I'm going to save myself from the more heartache. I won't allow the same mistake ever again.

" I was hurt. "

" I am too. I'm hurting too for always pushing me away. "

I brought back my gaze to him and I regret it immediately after seeing the pain crossed his face. Then my chest tightened when I saw a glistening liquid in the corner of his eyes. Maybe I was just hallucinating because it can't be, he mustn't be hurting that much.