The Unwanted Parting

Y/n looked out the window, staring at the clouds floating by. It was the last week of the academy before graduation, but for Y/n the graduation was coming far more earlier than he wanted. A man known as Danzō Shimura came to him last night while he was training with Neji, he wanted Y/n to join his group of highly skilled ninjas. The man knew so much about him, he knew that Y/n wants to protect Konoha and make sure the village is safe from all types of harm. Y/n accepted the offer, but he didn't know that his skills were going to required the next day. He would depart from his life as a kid and his life from his friends.

He looked over to his side, he stared at the girl that he had just developed some unknown feelings for. The girl he has know since he entered the academy. Y/n didn't know what he would do say to her. One thing that he did know was that he couldn't tell her what he truly wanted. The path he was about to travel through was a path that could lead to his death, and he didn't want to break the girls heart.

Y/n turned back to the window, resting his head on his arms. He looked at the sun as it was slowly being covered by a cloud. The room darkened and he closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath and slowly letting it out. Many things have been annoying him, things that shouldn't bother anyone his age. Y/n, don't trust this man! There's Lord Hiashi doesn't allow anyone from the clan to talk to him! Y/n remembered the words Neji told him after the meeting with Danzō. I think it's about time that you stop getting into my business Neji! And last time I remembered, I'm not involved into anything that has to do with the clan! Y/n felt bad about the other things he said after that, and now the two weren't on speaking terms.

"Y/n don't fall asleep in class!" The instructor yelled as she threw the eraser at his head. The eraser smacked him on the top of his head making powder fly over the place.

Y/n sat back up instantly, rubbing the top side of his head. "Sorry Sensei. Didn't get much sleep last night." He apologised trying to get the chalk powered out of his hair.

The entire class bursted out laughing at Y/n. He rubbed his eyes and looked over at Tenten. She was laughing at him too, she tried her best to cover it up though. Y/n just looked at her and smiled like a fool.

"Alright class, quite down!" The instructors yelled out to the class trying to quiet down the laughter.

Y/n scooted up to Tenten a bit closer and rested his head again on his arms. "Hey, can we talk later, once we're dismissed for the day." He whispered out.

"Yeah, sure thing!" She said with a smile at the end.

"Not talking either!" The instructor yelled out again, this time throwing the piece of chalk at Y/n's forehead.
....

The end of the day came and it was time for me to talk to Tenten. I didn't want to tell her about it, but I had to do it. She was about to lose her best friend, so it had to be done. I could see her run out of the academy entrance towards me. When she arrived she had the biggest smile on her face. "Alright I'm here, what did you want to talk about."

I hesitated to tell her. The smile she had made the words vanish from my head. "I, uh....let's go get some food first! I'm starving right now!" I spat out instead of what I wanted to say.

"Sure thing! I could definitely go for some food right now!" She rubbed her stomach a bit.

We left the academy's property and went straight to the spot that Tenten loved going to. It wasn't really my first choice, considering that the only thing they really sold were dumplings and other types sweets, but it made her happy. She needed all the joy she could get today.

I ordered a five dumplings for myself while Tenten ordered a dozen of them. "A dozen? Do you think you'll be able to finish that?"

"I could eat forty of them and still manage to eat some more!" She said.