The Extraction: Astonishing Powers

*Tenten pov*

We finally arrive at the cave that Y/n told us to meet up at with Shi still passed out. I just hope nothing bad has happened to Y/n and he'll make it here safely. I grab the necklace and squeeze it tightly.

"Once Y/n arrives your mission will be over and you guys will be able to leave." Shiori says to Guy sensei.

"I think it may be a while before we leave." He points to Neji and Lee who are passed out of the ground. "Lee and Neji used up too much chakra and they seem to be worn out."

They continue speaking in the background while I look outside into the forest. Their voices almost seem to fade away and the soft wind is the only thing I hear.

"Are you okay?" Chiho says from behind me, causing me to jump a little.

"Oh, you scared me." I tell her.

"Sorry about that. Are you okay though, you seem a little worried."

"I...I am  a little worried." I mumble out while still holding the necklace.

"If it's about Y/n, you don't have to. Shiori told me that he stayed back and is dealing with the ones that had us pinned down." Chiho takes a seat on the ground, next to me, and let's out a long sigh. "Y/n is a strong guy, that bunch won't be able to keep up with his skills. If anything, he's already on his way here now." Chiho says calmly.

"It's not about Y/n, it's....something else."

"What is it then?" Chiho asks.

"Back when we were in a standoff with those ninjas I-I killed two of them. I've never killed anyone before." I start feeling shaky and nauseous just thinking about it. The fact that I have removed a person from this world in an instant just doesn't sit right with me.

"It was you or them, don't think about too much." Shiori shows up from the shadows of the cave into the moon light. "It's what we signed up for when we became ninjas."

"You get used to it, we all did." Chiho adds on to Shiori. "Like Shiori said, don't think about it too much or it will make you mess up."

I feel a sense of shock by their words. It feels disgusting to think of something like this. I wonder if Y/n thinks the same way. "How old were you two when you first killed someone?"

There is a bit of silence before Chiho answers. "I was probably thirteen when it happened, I felt the same way you do right now, wondering if it was the right thing to do."

"I was fourteen when I had to take a life, and just like Chiho said, I wondered if it was right thing."

"What about Y/n?" I ask.

"What's with you and Y/n anyways? When Neji was saying bad things about him you got all defensive. Do you love him or something?" Chiho says to me in a annoyed kind of tone.

"N-no, i-it's just that he's been my friend since we were kids and I just tend to worry about him since he was the only one there for me growing up." I hold my hands up in front of me in a sort of defensive way.

"What about your parents?"

Parents, something I never had and always wanted. "I'm...I'm an orphan." I say sadly.

"Oh, I'm...so sorry, I didn't know! Please forgive me!" Chiho apologizes while on her knees and bows down.

"No need to apologize, like you said, you didn't know so I can't blame you." I place my hand on hers and help her sit up right. "In all honesty, I do love Y/n, he's the only one who's cared about me for so long. At least, that's what I like to believe." As soon as those words come out of my mouth, I instantly cover my mouth. I feel embarrassed, admitting that I love Y/n to girls I don't even know at all.  "Please, don't tell him!"