A Trip To Kumo: The Mission

"Lord Raikage, Y/n has arrived to your summons."

"Let him in."

Y/n and Tenten walk into the Raikage's office when suddenly Y/n takes a deep bow. "I would like to apologise for arriving late Lord Raikage. On the way here we were ambushed by a group of mysterious ninja in Shimo."

The Raikage turns around from the window and looks at the two who are visibly injured. Y/n had bandages on his whole right arm and Tenten had some on her left thigh and left palm. Y/n stands back up straight and looks at the Raikage with a very serious face. "Will you be able to handle this mission Y/n? You don't look very well." The Raikage asked Y/n as he inspected him.

"I'll be fine. It's nothing but a few small wounds." Y/n responded with his serious tone. Tenten looked over at Y/n with a confused face. It surprised her to see Y/n act this way all of a sudden when he was cheerful a few seconds ago. "Your letter said that I would be looking for a missing scroll. Is there anything that I need to know about this."

The Raikage looked at Y/n confused as well. "Missing scroll?"

Y/n nodded and pulled out the letter that was sent to him. "Lord Sixths gave me the letter when he assigned me the mission. It says that we you needed help finding a missing scroll."

Lord Ay sighed and looked over towards the entrance at a specific ninja with a clipboard then back at Y/n. "Seems like there was a small error in that letter sent to you. I don't want you to look for a missing scroll, I need you to find a group of missing shinobi."

"Missing shinobi?" Tenten repeated.

"Yes. Follow me this way." The Raikage walked away from the window to a door on the side of the room. Two shinobi opened the door which led to a smaller office full of records and a big map of the land, laid out on a table in the middle. "I'll need you to find these eight right here." He points to a three files on the table.

Y/n picks up one of them and starts flipping through the pages. "Why is there so many?" He asked as he sat down the file and picked up another one.

"It's because of this location here." Darui pointed to a dot on the map labelled Akuma Cave. "This spot here has been a point of very mysterious things since before the creation of the village. Lately though, it's been a spot of very odd occurrences. Many of the locals who live near by have reported strange lights and sounds coming from the place. At first we sent two to check out the place and report back anything unusual. Those two didn't come back so we sent a three man team to search for them. Then those three didn't come back, and foolishly, we sent another three, but the thing with these three was that they didn't even make it half way and their gear was found abandoned near the river here." Darui points to a river that passes through Akuma Cave.

"They why ask for my help?" Y/n asked Darui with a suspicious look on his face.

Darui cleared his throat and began to speak again. "Before these things were reported, we've sent shinobi to check out the place. Sensory ninja can't detect anything in the place and fire doesn't seem to stay lit at all. So I suggested that we could have you look into the place with your byakugan since it's not a sensory skill. I do have to warn you though, if anything happens to you in there we won't help you at all. It will just prove how dangerous the place is. You'll be on your own."

Tenten gasped and looked over at Y/n who walked up to the table and examined the surroundings near the cave. "How far is it from here?"

"It's around three hours if you are in a hurry, five if you walk it."

"Very well then..." Y/n stretches his arms and cracks his fingers. "...I'll check it out in a bit. I need a bath right now." He sighed out and walked out of the room with Tenten following behind him quietly.
~~~~